Friday, 11 March 2016

A sketchy ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have awesome weekend plans.  I have another card to share with you today and here it is …

 
Another A6 which is ideal for posting too
The background was an experiment which I shall be repeating
  
I love the distressed look and feel of this card
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Make Your Own Background
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge A bit of green: there is a little bit of green!
I’ve used my Spectrum Aqua & Sparkle pens and the effect is stunning but not easy to capture with a photograph
 I followed the sketch totally and my card has a little texture from the layers
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #221 Anything Goes 


I have at least five not cards projects on the go right now!  I am hoping to finish and photograph three of them over the weekend so that I can share next week.  Over the past week I’ve realised that I am slow with the mixed media stuff lol!

Anyways whilst waiting for the layers to dry I managed to whip up some cards which I am very happy about because that means I can enter some challenges: yay!  Today’s card was created so that I could enter those challenges and also so that I could experiment with the Spectrum Aqua pens again.  The more I use them and use them with different card stock the more at ease I feel with them, thankfully, I think it may be because they are a watercolour medium which is something I am very comfortable with. 
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:  Stamplorations Stamps set: Trendy Butterfly
Stencil:  Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Lace
Miscellaneous Tools:  Paintbrushes; pipettes; water pot; heat gun

Supplies
Card PaperCrafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass card; 300 gsm card for base; snippet card for stamping the butterflies onto
EP Ink/Paint/Pen ColoursSpectrum Aqua: Floral set (leaf green); Primary set (gold)
Adhesives/Mediums:  Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape

14 comments:

SARN said...

Ooh, lots of lovely inkiness here in sunshine colours xxx

Carole Robb Bisson said...

It is amazing how much we can do when we just go with it. This card is so lovely with the abstract background. Thank you so much for entering our 221st challenge. We are always delighted to see your entries and appreciate your inspirational creativity.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday
DT Member

brenda said...

How very pretty the soft spring yellows look Karen and you can never go wrong with a butterfly or two.

B x

Di said...

Ooooh yes Karen - a real taste of Spring indeed. Lovely card and that background is really great!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

Another stunning card Karen! Love those beautiful butterflies. This card makes me feel like I can feel the sun on my face, which I love to feel. So sunny and happy feeling!! Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

really pretty card Karen - and thankyou for your kind words - it would be lovely to meet you one day!!!Big hugs rachel x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous water colour effects on those gorgeous butterflies! Love how the background tones in with it!

Sandra said...

Yellow is really the color of this time of year, love the watercolor look. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Karen, thank you for your kind words and well wishes! Thought I would pop in and wish you a happy spring! Your card is gorgeous and I love the technique you used! Beautifully done! I'll see you sometime in May!

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely, thank you for your lovely comments :) I hope you are well and had a nice weekend ?
This is beautiful, i love the colours and the texture as well, perfect in every way.
Sending hugs xxxx

Suchi said...

That's one gorgeous background Karen! Love the yellow-so fresh! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations Sketch and theme challenge! :)
Suchi- DT xx

jenn shurkus said...

this is gorgeous :) thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous. Love the beautiful colour and butterflies.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sari / Granne said...

I also love the distress look you have created, the texture and the soft yellow. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations March challenge, hope to see you back this month.