Tuesday, 29 March 2016

A yellow sketchy ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your Easter weekend was a good one and your week has started well.  Another sketchy card this time that is also all about the yellow too and here it is …

  
An A6 card
I'm proud of the distressing and I am in love with the colours
 
I need to have a word with my Mr:  I need several new flower stamps lol!
  
I got to use up some VOS too.

A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #356 Add Some Bling
There is shine on the stencilled area, sparkle on the stamped flower,
and gems in the flower embellishments
I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to add colour to the stamp and
Spectrum Sparkle to add a little shimmer to the stamped image

 
It has loads of texture because of the glossy gel, the flowers, the ribbon, the chipboard


I followed the sketch at Stamplorations Stamps March Challenge because I have been having so much finding out if I could follow a sketch and create a one or two layers only card.  This is not a one layer because of an ‘oops’ moment, a blob of acrylic paint on the back of the original card, from another project I had drying whilst working on this one.  I trimmed this panel off the original card but I made it a little smaller.  I also added embellishments because of my quest to use the stash I’ve accumulated over the years.  Delving into my stash I found several die cut yellow flowers, a chipboard word and gorgeous ribbon.  The ribbon actually tones with the stamped flower.  I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to stamp the flower and a damp paintbrush to drag the colour out and left it to dry.  Once the stamped and coloured flower was dry I used my Spectrum Sparkle to add a layer of shimmer to the flower and again I left that to dry (not long) before moving onto the next step.

I positioned the brick wall mask around it and added colour using ink blending foam and yellow ink pad.  I didn’t check the foam before I started and it turns out there was either some green or brown on the foam which created this gorgeous distressed colour and effect: a happy oops for a change lol!  Once I was done adding colour through I felt it was still missing something so I re-positioned the stencil and added some Maimeri Glossy Gel which gives a lovely textured to feel to the card.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations Stamps: Stamp Lab Large Helenium stamp
Stencil: Stamplorations Stamps: stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; ink blending foam; palette knife; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper: 300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Aqua pens; Adirondack IP: Scattered Straw
Embellishments: Chipboard sentiment #; Craftwork Cards die cut flowers #; ribbon; gems
Adhesives/Mediums: Maimeri Glossy Gel; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old


15 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your flower is beautifully coloured and the brick wall is a lovely background for it. Hugs Mrs A.

Becca Cruger said...

I just love the stenciling on this and the white relief in the center is a perfect touch. Thank you so much for playing along at STAMPlorations!

Suchi said...

The background stencilling looks so cool, loved the pretty card! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations this month!
Suchi-DT xx

brenda said...

A beautiful Springtime bloom Karen and I think I really do need that brickwork stencil.

B x

brenda said...

And me being me, I totally forgot to say thank you for joining us again at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful coloured flower.

SARN said...

Lovely work Karen xxx

Dora said...

Beautiful card, Indeed, Beautiful yellow flower!
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this monht.

Anjie said...

Fabulous make. Thanks for joining us in our Spring Delights challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
Anjie (DT)

Eret said...

This yellow flower on your card is beautiful. Love the stencil background behind it. Thank you for sharing your fabulous card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Brenda said...

Such a pretty card Karen! I love that background, kinda' looks like a brick wall, the flower-well I just love this flower and all your inky-ness. The flowers in the corners are cute and I love your sentiment. Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Such a wonderful card with a unique artsy feel. I love all the extra touch you have added. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

Sari / Granne said...

Such a delicate and beautiful wholeness. Love the soft look and lovely flowers on the corners. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations March challenge, hope to see you back this month.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So very pretty!! Thanks for playing along in the STAMPlorations Theme and Sketch challenge!!