Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Shades of lovely lemon ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have a CAS card to share today and here it is …
  
   
A nice A6 flat so good to post and so very CAS too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #184 Clean and Simple
The Spectrum Aqua pens and Spectrum Sparkle pens are NBUS



I wish you could see the shimmer on the flower: it’s fabulous and not over the top at all, although I have no doubt that I could be very heavy handed with the Spectrum Sparkle Clear Overlay pen in this instance I wasn’t lol!  I have been experimenting and playing with one of my lovely Christmas presents for the last couple of days.  I think I mentioned previously that OH had purchased these pens for me for Christmas as I really, really needed them.  There was such a fabulous offer in October for Crafter’s Companion Club Inspire members that I pestered him to let me purchase them whilst they were that price.  He agreed to purchase them on condition that I didn’t use them until Christmas Day.  I assumed he would put them away until Christmas Day but he didn’t.  He left them in full view of me until Christmas Day and by then I was so very desperate to play with them, lol, ‘tis cruelty to your crafting wife that is!

Anyways when I finally got to play with the Aqua pens I wasn’t too enamoured and that really upset and bugged me.  Of course I hadn’t watched the DVD that was part of the special offer at that point because I assumed I knew how to use them.  So after watching the DVD, Leanne is awesome tutor BTW, I learnt many different tips and techniques for using the pens and for having an awesome end result.  So I got out some of my different card (the stuff that I tend to hoard a little because it is so good) and experimented with that and eureka, Sheena Douglass’s card stock to the rescue!  

Jill Foster shared this card on Simon Says Stamps blog and I have been obsessed with it ever since.  I have also seen cards that must have been inspired by it too.  I tried the technique with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints and I was way too heavy handed with the ink and the water on my first attempt.  I had a horrid ugly puddle with all the details gone and the colours were in a puddle of muddy colour too!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Stamplorations stamp set: Trendy Butterflies
Tim Holtz stamp set: Flower Garden

Miscellaneous Tools:
Pipettes; paint brushes; heat tool; water pot; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass A4 card; 300 gsm card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Aqua pens: Floral set using bud green; & leaf green
Spectrum Noir Aqua pens: Primary set using gold
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen: clear overlay

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


17 comments:

Pawsitively Creative said...

This card is fantabulous and so awesome sauce! The watercolor technique is showcased here perfectly! I haven't tried anything like this but just got some watercolor paper and this is now on my to try list! So glad your hubby got you these for Christmas and you are making wonderful designs. What a treat! Stunning! ~Niki

brenda said...

Lovely choice of colours Karen, sorry short and sweet but not at home and my tablet keyboard and I don't work in tandem.

B x

brenda said...

Don't think I thanked you for joining us at Stamping Sensations with your pretty card Karen.

B x

SARN said...

Cool drippage mate! xxx

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely, hope you are well ??
This is gorgeous !!! the card is coloured perfectly and that effect just works so well. I LOVE it !!
Sending lots of hugs xxxx

Rocky said...

Love this so much, it's gorgeous.

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, I am totally loving this card! The ink run stuff is so popular right now and your card turned out so perfect! I can't believe DH let the present set out to temp you. lol You did great with sticking it out until Christmas though! Yes, I love to watch and listen to Leanne in her video's. She is so awesome and I have learned a lot from her as well. Looks like you totally have the watercolor colors down now and I can't wait to see what else you do with them. Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

so beautiful - I love what you have done here Karen - hugs Rachel x

Dr Sonia S V said...

The flowers look sooo fabulous
Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

Astrid Maclean said...

Love what you did wit that stamp (one of my favs). Fantastic CAS card in great colour tones!

Pink Unicorn said...

Well done for persevering and getting the look perfected that you wanted to achieve. I love the runny watercolour look. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

Joan said...

Lovely use of the drippage technique with that beautiful flower

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Asha said...

What a pretty project, Karen. Love the drippy effect! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Lilian YF said...

That sounds like a cool technique!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM! Hope you join our newest challenge!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Sylvia said...

Karen, Great card. I love the yellow, the watercolor aspect and the simple layer. Sylvia D.

Sally H said...

A beautiful floral card, Karen! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Ooooh, this is an awesome idea and result, Karen! I did that once on accident after applying Glossy Accents to a card and, unfortunately, runny GA was NOT the look I was going for! This, however, is fabulous!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! I apologize for taking so long to come by and thank you.

I also want to pass on a tip that I only just learned from a bloggie friend. For years I had been doing all my links (and I do a LOT of links) such that when a reader clicked on one, they were taken away from my blog, like here with your link to Jill's card. What happens then is that people don't always take the time to come back to you!

Well, there's an easy fix for this. I feel like a dummy that I never noticed this myself, but when you are in your draft post and you click on "link" in your tool bar and the box opens, near the bottom is a box to check to "open link in a new window." If you click that, it stays clicked and then all your future links will open new windows and your own blog will stay open for readers to pop back to, as well! I am so glad to know it and wish I'd known about it four years ago!!

Enjoy your day!! I hope it's a feel-good day and, if it's not, I hope tomorrow is better! Hugs, Darnell