Thursday, 24 March 2016

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 March Technique Remix ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I suddenly realised last night why there have been so many Easter adverts on the TV lol!  I finally had some time to play last night with my Tim Holtz Distress paints and I’ve been desperate to play with them since I saw the March Re-Mix and here is my version …
  
Love the rich colour pops & I know they wouldn't look so good without the deep earthy top!

If you want to know how I created this you need to go look at Tim’s post here I learnt a lot.  I loved last month’s and I love this months too!  I used some of my supplies and I made that into another adventure by trying to think like Tim.  So as I haven’t got the little attaching gadget or the word bands I decided to use metallic brads to replace the staples and I die cut a word from metal to mimic the metal word band too.

I didn’t realise how beautiful the Distress paints would look and react after adding water.  Hands up here because I used too much paint and now I know better for next time.  The colours are lush and I know that they are going to become a new favourite supply.  Altering a piece of cardboard box was a new experience for me too: I have used cereal boxes or packaging before.  I have fallen in love with the texture of the top layer.  Because I thought I didn’t have any brown ink I added drops of my shabby shutters Distress re-inker into a spray bottle topped up with water and added a little Perfect Pearls powder and I used that to spray onto the distressed cardboard.  I then remembered my metallic Distress stain and splattered a little of that too.   

Whilst typing this post I’ve remembered my Landscape AquaTints have two shades of brown which I will use to create a spray with soon because I am enjoying my journey into things I didn’t think I liked.   Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Thinlits: Handwritten Love set
Spellbinder Nestabilities: blossom die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; spray bottle of water; spray bottles; tag template; water pot; mini filing paper

Supplies
Card Paper:
Inkessentials manila card; cardboard box
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Paints: weathered wood; salty ocean; barn door; scattered straw
Tim Holtz Distress Stain: antique bronze; wild honey
Embellishments:
From my stash: brads; ribbon; foiling sheet; fabric
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Double Sided Tape; Pritt Stick

  

5 comments:

brenda said...

A really great creation as always Karen.

Hope you have a lovely Easter.

B x

SARN said...

Ooh, this is a lovely textured tag. Good to hear you like the paints.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

rachel said...

great tag Karen - I love the texture of the top layer - fabulous x

Sara Barker said...

Love your take on Tim's tag! The colors on the background look great with the corrugate board! Well done! Hugs and Happy Easter!

Brenda said...

Your tag is fabulous Karen! I love the look of the corrugate cardboard, that is always a fun look to me! I also love the colors in this tag, so pretty. And what a surprise to see that little bit of burlap top! I'm glad that you are loving things that you didn't think you would. Hugs, Brenda