Thursday, 21 April 2016

A CASE card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Before I forget to do so I want to say thank you for all the lovely comments you have left for me especially with this stamp set.  I love playing with this set and it seems you all love them too, and that makes me very very happy lol!  When I saw the CASE card at Happy Little Stamper’s Challenge this month I had to play along and here is my interpretation …

  
I love it!  Very CASE but with lots of character too!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 AAA Cards Challenge #62 Anything Goes

Crop Stop Blog #15 Link Party


Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #31 Anything Goes
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #225 the centre piece is a snippet


Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #249 Your Favourite Things:
creating stuff; flowers; paints; stamping; techniques


I loved the fact that the stamped flower was on both the top and bottom layer, that is a look that I have always loved and it was a technique I learnt when on the Design Team at Technique Time Tuesday.  I slightly changed my interpretation by stamping the flower twice, once at the top and once at the bottom.  I couldn’t find a similar leaf stamp so I stamped the flower again and I didn’t leave them black and white this time, I chose to carry the colour over to both layers.  I want to do this again with other flowers so I’m hoping to get another made for the challenges.

As I also wanted to enter Spectrum Noir’s challenge I needed to create a project with pastel colours.  The top flower is a little darker than I hoped but the bottom one is spot on.  I made two washes using the white from the Essentials set as well as the blue from the Landscape set, and the pink from the Beautifully Grunge set.  My next attempt with other flowers will be stamped and, hopefully, coloured with my Spectrum Aqua pens – they are so wonderfully juicy it is amazing how far the colour goes and how beautifully clean the colour is too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; water pot; pipettes; palette

Supplies
Card Paper: Sheena Douglass A4 White Stamping card
Ink/Paint/Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Landscape
Spectrum Sparkle: clear overlay
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments: sequins from EBay
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; funky foam; Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape



14 comments:

Cara said...

Beautiful. That technique is so effective, it's another one that is on my to try list. I'll get round to it eventually, maybe sooner having been inspired by your lovely card. Cara x

Sara Barker said...

Love your beautiful card, Karen! And those stamps need to go on my list! Hugs!

brenda said...

It is a beautiful Rose stamp Karen and you have used it to perfection here with the contrast of colours and card design. Many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely, hope all is well with you ? I have been busy doing some stuff at home and also getting youtube set up. So i am sorry for not tstopping by.
You are creating some amazing creations with this stamp set, it really is beautiful, i love the dimension.
Sending hugs xxx

Rene said...

GREAT card!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Joyce said...

This is such a pretty card. I love your flowers, the colors you chose and the coloring. Thanks so much for playing along at HLS Case the Designer and for CASEing my card.

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Karen! I do love that flower and I love the way you have watercolored it. I also love how you popped that panel up in the center catching both of the flower parts, that is so cool looking! Thanks for your comments, I am loving my new blog look too! And thanks for telling me about Happy Little Stampers! Hugs, Brenda

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Such a cool idea with extending the flowers outside of the middle panel. I've got to try that, too :) Thank you for joining our April challenge once more at Rubber Dance ♥

Melissa L. said...

Lovely flowers, Karen. Nice CASE of Joyce's card. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

Di said...

Really fabulous Karen! I adore the popped up layer look!

Lovely to see you in the Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Classy, vibrant and elegant.
Thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards this week. Sarah

Pamellia Johnson said...

Just wanted to pop in and say hello Karen, I'm so sorry I don't visit as often as I'd like to. Beautiful card, I just love the colours you used!! I hope all is well in your little corner of the craft world! sending hugs :)

susiestacey said...

Stunning card.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Birthday' challenge and good luck x Susan x

ionabunny said...

A fun and pretty technique. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz