Monday, 18 April 2016

A stencil and a sketchy ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and you will have a good week too.  Spring has sprung when I start creating with brighter colours lol!  Another card to share with you today and here it is …

   
A6 and flat
Lots of ink and paint and loads of splatters!
It is peculiar how the Spectrum Sparkle looks like white dots on my photo's!
This set is going to be so useful!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 AAA Cards Challenge #62 Anything Goes

CAS Mix Up Challenge April Stamping, Stencilling and I chose splatters
Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge #161 Green and Pink


Noor Design UK Challenge #17 Anything Goes

Sketch & Splatters: I followed the sketch and I had much fun splattering all over my stencil mono printed background!  I have a ‘thi-ang’ for splattering right now

Mine are clean and simple cards, stamps, inks and paints


Over the weekend I was able to play a little with my stamps, stencils, inks and paints and I had so much fun doing so too.  Today’s card was inspired by many different challenges.  I love the sketch at Stamplorations at the moment so I decided to use that as part of this cards story and as the theme at Happy Little Stamper’s Mixed Media challenge is Stencil Mono Print I thought I could combine my Stamplorations stamps and stencils to create a card for these challenges.  I placed my stencil onto a craft mat and then used an AquaTints pink wash to colour the stencil with a paintbrush.  I then picked up the stencil and printed onto the card.  I had a pale green coloured card snippet, left over from some other project, and that was big enough to add the line to the card, I stamped the sentiment first, trimmed the card and roughened the edges with my distressing tool.  I then attached the greeting to the card and trimmed each edge.  I used my Spectrum Aqua pen to colour the balloon and stamped it onto white card snippets then I coloured the balloons with a green from the Spectrum AquaTints landscape set.  They are a little darker than I hoped but I had forgotten how rich the AquaTints are, next time I won’t use so much.  Once the balloons were dry I fussy cut them and played around with the position of each.  The reason for that was to figure out where I wanted to stamp the ‘string’ before I glued the balloons in place.  I had a little green still in the paint palette and I added water to it to create a paler green.  Once I was happy with the colour I started to splatter until I was happy with the coverage.

I love the stencil mono print technique because using one stencil to achieve two different images makes me smile.  My Followers know that I am a frugal crafter by necessity and being able to use one stencil to create two looks or styles is my kind of happy these days lol!  Much more bang for our buck as our American crafters would say.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations Stamps: Dee’s Artsy Impressions Banners & Balloons stamp set
Stencil: Stamplorations Stamps: Gridlocked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: Tim Holtz distressing tool; paintbrushes; craft mat; pipettes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper: 300gsm card; snippets Sheena Douglass White Stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Landscape
Spectrum Aqua pens: spring green
Spectrum Sparkle: Clear overlay pen
Versafine IP: black
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


17 comments:

Loll said...

Fantastic design Karen. Love your embossed background with the pink ... works so well with your pretty green balloons and sentiment banner. Great splatters to tie it all together. :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

brenda said...

Just super again Karen and such textural baloons florating up, I need both a brick wall stencil and some Aqua tints - your the enabler again it seems !!

Hope you have a good week and some sunshine as well, makes us all feel brighter.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, lovely little card, great texture and I love the balloons, Kate x

Cara said...

I love the shades of pink and green that you've chosen, they really complement each other. Cara x

Beth Brovold said...

So perfect for our "Green & Pink" challenge here at Fussy and Fancy!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card and talent with us!
Take care,
Beth

Gina Knott said...

Such a gorgeous card and a beautiful design. Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

rachel said...

great card Karen - love it - such a happy one! Hugs rachel x

Rene said...

Wonderful card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Bonnie said...

I love these pretty green balloons and the stenciled brick! I love the distressed edges and splatters too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lilian YF said...

Cool birthday card! Love the balloons against the stenciled background!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, your card is fabulous! I love that embossed background in pink, it goes so well with your green balloons. Which they are so fun and festive. I love the splatters as well, I always love good splatters! lol Hugs, Brenda

Asha said...

What a lovely project, Karen! Another super make from you friend! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Jules said...

Very nice effect of the pink bricked wall and the pop of green for your balloons nice touch.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at Fussy and Fancy.
Best wishes
Jules xx

Ceal said...

great card, thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

Suchi said...

Lovely background against those balloons! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
Suchi - DTxx

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations!
CraftyNatalie - DT
http://craftynataliesblog.blogspot.com

Sari / Granne said...

Such a fun and pretty card. Love the sparkling balloons and a beautiful pink stenciling. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations April challenge and hope to see you again soon.