Thursday, 14 April 2016

April splatters ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Thank you all for the lovely comments on yesterday’s post.  I was happy to hear it wasn’t just me that liked the chipboard hanging.  You all do wonders for my confidence lol!
What isn’t good is that whilst looking around my desk I spied another two of these stamped and embossed sentiments and some more of the Winnie and Walter birds and their houses stamps too.  If I have bored you my apologies for having used and showed so many cards with this sentiment this month.  However I have loved using them and for each one to be so different too, anyways here it is …

 
I am astonished to say this but I think this is my favourite one lol!
Lots of April splatters!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge #161 Green and Pink


Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge April Showers bring May flowers
That’s Crafty Challenge All Things Bright & Beautiful

 Time Out Challenge #54 Home Sweet Home Inspiration Photo:
 I was inspired by all the lovely layers of colour

Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #249 Your Favourite Things: 
My favourites are: colour; flowers; paint; splattering; 
stamping; creating cards and other projects


I’m trying to curb my inner OCD stamper from constantly stamping multiple times to get the ‘perfect’ finish.  Sadly it’s still baby steps some times for me.  I know I can be freer with my not cards projects but I still struggle to do that when I am creating cards, especially cards for DT or GDT.  

So after finding two more of the stamped and embossed sentiments I was determined to use one immediately and as I have a stash of already inked and ready to use backgrounds most of the work I did on this card went into the top panel.  After finding the panel yesterday I got the stamp set back out and stamped the wild flowers using a very zesty Staz On ink.  I cut each card approx. one centimetre bigger than the stamped and embossed A6 topper.  I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool to rough up all the edges then lightly inked them and stuck them together.  I created several washes of Spectrum Noir ATs that matched or were close to the colour that I had used to colour the cards and then I splattered each colour, one colour at a time.  I heat set each colour before moving onto the next.  Then I made a bouquet of flowers and attached that to my card and I have to say I am more than happy with the end result.  It’s so pretty and the green reminds me of a peppermint Aero chocolate bar.  The card is 5” x 7” in size, there are four layers of made by me backgrounds (coloured with ATs) attached to the card giving it a total of five layers but I think it is clean and simple ‘ish lol! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz CMS001 Natures Moments stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:  heat tool; paintbrushes; pipettes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper: Crafter’s Companion A4 Sheena Douglass Stamping Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape; Beautifully Grunge
Staz On IP: Cactus Green
WOW red EP; acrylic paints were used to colour the flowers a little
Embellishments: Wild Orchid Crafts: flowers & beaded twirl embellishment
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:  Versamark IP; Collall All Purpose Glue

18 comments:

Barb said...

I really like this. Great splatters. Barbxx

Beth Brovold said...

Oh how very beautiful these April splatters are! I know what you mean...when you find a stamp/sentiment that you like you just keep going back to it...we're all guilty of this...lol! Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Fussy and Fancy "Green & Pink"!
Take care,
Beth

SARN said...

I love this Karen. Super splattering and pretty embellishments . . . now you've said about the Aero bar . . . I can totally see that too! xxx

Joan B said...

thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. Your work here is amazing. All the details yet it all comes together beautifully.

NGCARDS said...

A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card karen...love the April splatters and that cute posy of flowers...thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, I have to say this has to be my all time favorite too! I'm in love with the colors, can't hardly believe that the ribbon was fluorescent yellow! It looks so pretty in the green now and the flowers are so pretty. Love the saying too. Hugs, Brenda

sandie said...

I love all the splatters and great texture. Good idea to colour the ribbon green, it fits in with your colour scheme. Great to see you at Time Out and thank you for leaving us a lovely comment on our main blog x

suzanne2 said...

wow this is so beautiful, thank you for joining us at creative inspirations.
Suzanne x

S@ndy Diller said...

What a beautiful card Karen. It would be hard not to repeat such a lovely thought. Love the flowers and well, the entire thing. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

Maura Hibbitts said...

Karen, beautiful splatter background on your card! Love your little flower bunch, very clever. I am so glad you joined us in our April Showers challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hope you are enjoying spring! Maura

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

A gorgeous Spring card Karen, love the wonderful colourful splatters, the lovely sentiment and your little nosegay of posies! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey this month, Deb xo

Sharon said...

This is beautiful. Love all the splatters and gorgeous colours.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
Hugs Sharon. x

Judy Corner said...

What a lovely creation! It is so good to see you sharing at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Awesome splatters, they worrk really well on your card. The flower embellishment is super cute! Thank you for joining our April challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

Lynn said...

Wow! The sweet little floral bouquet and the amazing background are so cool.. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

rachel said...

How did I manage to miss this little beauty Karen - I love it! thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel x

Julia Aston said...

Love your sweet little wrapped bouquet and your beautiful distressed and layered background! thank you for joining us in the AVJ Spring challenge! Julia xx