Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Beautiful birds and spring flowers...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Yes I have created another bird card but it is with a different set of stamps: yay; and here it is …

  
A 148mm square card
I love the rich bold colours
Isn't he/she beautiful
The embellishment hoard is slowly shrinking!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Critters & Creatures Link Up #3 at Ellibelle’s Blog

April is Things with Wings

Noor Design UK Challenge #17 Anything Goes
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #31 Anything Goes

 Seven Hills Crafts Challenge Colours: I used the RHS this time

Stamping Sensations Challenge April One for the Girls
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #249 Your Favourite Things:
colour; flowers; paint; splattering; stamping; creating cards


It has been a while since I played with this stamp set.  There is something about hummingbirds that the moment I saw them I fell completely and totally in love with them.  Because of some of this month’s challenge I knew it was time for this stamp set to come out and play lol!  No pastels this time as hummingbirds are not pale or pastel coloured.  I have just had a light bulb moment, lol, so you will be seeing more of this set hopefully soon.  The Winnie and Walter stamp set has been moved so that I can’t grab that cute little bird for a while at least!

After stamping the birds and flowers I used my Spectrum AquaTints (ATs) to colour the birds and flowers and left them to dry.  Once they dry I used the ATs again to colour the background. I used one of my own H2Os pink backgrounds that I cut to size and distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing tool.  I did the same with the stamped and coloured in panel and inked up both the stamped and the pink papers and attached them to my card.  I coloured the blossoms and flowers then glued them in place and I added Stickles to them: simples lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp: W Plus 9: Flora & Fauna 2 stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; water pot; Tim Holtz distressing tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card cut to A5; 300 gsm card cut to 148mm square; pink background paper created by me
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape set; Beautifully Grunge
Luminarte H2Os were used to colour the paper layer
Versamark IP: black
Distress IP: picked raspberry
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: Chrysanthemum; Sweetheart Blossoms; rose leaf; heart shape pearl bead
EBay: sequins; butterfly bead from a card magazine
Adhesives/Mediums:  Collall all purpose glue

14 comments:

Darnell J Knauss said...

I have special satellite stations set up around the globe to notify me whenever a hummingbird work of art is created, so that's why I'm here first! And, wow, this is the best one ever, Karen! You have done a remarkable job bringing these delicious creatures to life in this triple treat card!! Hugs, Darnell

SARN said...

Looks gorgeous Karen xxx

Cara said...

This is just stunning, those hummingbirds are fabulous. Cara x

Jane said...

Hi Karen this is indeed a lovely stamp and your card showcases it perfectly. What lovely spring colours and a gorgeous end result. Thanks so much for joining in with our spring challenge over at Country View x
Jane DT

Sid said...

Karen, your humming birds and flowers are perfect !!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous hummingbirds and stunning card! xxx

Pawsitively Creative said...

I adore hummingbirds and their bold, bright colors. You have captured their essence wonderfully with this design and details. Gorgeous blossoms and that background sets everything off nicely. Awesome sauce and fantabulous card! ~Niki

brenda said...

The Hummingbirds looks great along with all those dimensional flowers Karen.

B x

Toni said...

I love the sweet little scene you created on your card! So very pretty--adding the dimensional flowers was a great touch!

Toni
HLS DT

pinky said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Corrie Herriman said...

Such a gorgeous project ! Thanks so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing card! Love how you colored the birds and flowers and gorgeous background too!
Thanks so much for playing along in my Critters and Creatures Linky Party!

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Karen. The hummingbirds are beautiful and I love the colours.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
Hugs Sharon. x

Linda said...

Fabulous design. Those hummingbirds are stunning! Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challenge xx