Saturday, 23 April 2016

Blue and white ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  Another card I created using the lovely Winnie and Walter stamp set.  I am head over heals in love with this set and I’m stupid proud that I managed not to use it for a couple of weeks lol!  Anyways here is my card …

   
Another A6 card - I am loving CAS at the moment!
The ink and paint and beautiful stamps!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Card Mania Challenge CMC#79 spring
Critters & Creatures Link Up #3 at Ellibelle’s Blog


April is Things with Wings

Seven Hills Crafts Challenge April Colours: I used blues mostly this time
Spectrum Noir Challenge on Facebook Pastels 
Time Out Challenge #55 Celebrations optional twist die/fussy cutting
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #249 Favourite Things:
Mine are clean and simple cards, stamps, inks and paints


It’s been quite a while since I last played with a limited palette and it’s something I want to do more often.  I stamped the birdhouses in position then the branches, adding some Post It notes masks to the top birdhouse and I extended the branch at the bottom of the top birdhouse.  I can’t remember the last time I did masking!  I stamped the bird onto a snippet of white card before colouring and then fussy cutting and adding to the card front.  This card is one of my favourite creations so far this month because of the lovely fresh blue and white and the fact that it is inky yet CAS makes me a happy bunny lol.  


A quick post from me as my back has not settled so sitting up is a wee bit of an issue again/still/always!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
StampWinnie & Walter Stamps: Happiest of Holidays stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paintbrushes; pipette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card; paper for masks
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape; Essentials
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens: clear overlay
Versafine IP: black
Pigma Micron black pen
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

14 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Hiya hun, this is beautiful, i love the background. I adore Walter & Winnie stamps they are awesome.
I hope your back settles soon. Thank you so much for comment on my video it meant a lot.
Take care xxx

sandie said...

I can see why you love this card, such a lovely soft palette amd fabulous colouring. Thank you for leaving us a lovely comment on our main blog we really appreciate this and thanks for joining us at TO

SARN said...

Fabulous looking card Honey. Hope you get some relief from your back soon.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh I do love this Karen, it's absolutely gorgeous, the stamped images are beautiful and the shades of blue are brilliant, Kate x

rachel said...

brilliant - love this Karen - really pretty stamps and I adore the blues - gorgeous work - hope you feel better soon! Love and hugs rachel x

Mrs A. said...

I love this too Karen especially the little blue bird. He looks really cute. hugs Mrs A.

Jill Neary said...

Really pretty card Karen. I love how soft & gentle your colouring is. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts this month x

Ellibelle said...

So very cute!! Loving the watercolor background!
Thanks so much for playing along again in my Critters and Creatures Linky Party!

Sid said...

That is a beautiful card Karen !

Mac Mable said...

Such a cute card, loving the limited colour palette and those adorable beautifully coloured birds x

scrapfantazje said...

Lovely!
Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge, good luck:)
Marzena DT

Toni said...

This is such a sweet little scene. Thanks so much for sharing!

Toni
HLS DT

Shery said...

Fun and adorable card, Karen! Happy to see this in the TO gallery. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending you lots of hugs -- hope your back feels better soon!

Linda said...

This is so cute .... I love those little bird houses. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challenge xx