Tuesday, 5 April 2016

For the gift box ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend has started well.  I have a home décor piece to share with you today and here it is …

I love it!
Yes I am happy I let the brown ink flow
This sentiment is so useful and has been one of the best value stamp sets I've purchased
Love these flowers/grasses!

  
Some extra embellishments and I love the gesso and how it resists ink and paint
I  hope you like it too!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
I chose to celebrate spring and Easter by using pastel colours, bunnies and floral
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #223
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Try to Resist: Gesso is my favourite resist medium as it stops ink and paint seeping through but isn’t bright white so it doesn't jar

#40 April Stencil Sunday


This was so much fun to create, lol, and it was so nice to be creating something decorative again.  These chipboard circles that I purchased many years ago have been really great for experimenting with over the past year, no idea when or where I purchased them but they are fabulous and I had a lot of them (at least ten or twelve).  I’ve really enjoyed and loved altering them and I have found that if I want sharp stamped images a better result is achieved by adding a layer of card to the chipboard; it means this relative newbie achieves a much better finish.

I cut card to approx 18cm square and added gesso through a gridlocked stencil and left it to dry.  Once it was thoroughly dry I coloured the card with AquaTints, two pale green washes from the landscape set.  I put the card one side to dry whilst I moved onto another step. I stamped and embossed the phrase onto a parchment snippet and I gently tore around the top and bottom and put to one side.  I coloured two bright white felt bunnies with a weak brown ATs wash and put them aside to dry.  I used the red from Beautifully Grunge ATs to create a pale red which I used to colour the pretty blossoms and I left them to dry.  I moved back to the card and started stamping with greens, reds, pinks and purples.  I quickly blasted the stamped card with my heat gun before I glued it onto the chipboard.  After an hour I used my craft knife to trim around the chipboard and then I used a piece sand paper to buff the edges: it’s wonderfully smooth with no nicks: result!!  Then I started to play with the layout, the stamped phrase and embellishments.  At this point it didn’t look quite how I wanted it to so I used a damp paintbrush and the watered down paint I had used for the bunnies to colour the edges.  I am happy with the end result lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz stamp set: CMS001 Nature’s Moments
Stencil: Stamplorations Stamps: Gridlocked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paintbrushes; paint palette; pot of water; sponge; pipettes

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass white card
Snippet parchment paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints Beautifully Grunge set
WOW EP: purple
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: pretty blossoms
Waitrose Grocery store: bunnies
Stickles Glitter Glue: Pink
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; white gesso

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

15 comments:

rachel said...

Hiya karen .. love this .. those bunnies are super cute ... beautiful colours too. Thanks for joining us at cv challenges this month and good luck. Hugs rachel x

Pawsitively Creative said...

Karen this is beautiful! Wonderful layers you added with that gorgeous stamp! I totally agree with you on gesso, fabulous stuff it is. Your bunnies are totes adorbs and add the perfect finishing touch to this home decor piece. Awesome sauce and magnifique! ~Niki

brenda said...

It's simply Divine Karen, the stamping, shape and composition, I love it all.

B x

SARN said...

And what a beautiful gift it will be for someone. Gorgeous work Karen.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Really stunning creation Karen! It's so beautiful I keep popping back and forth to find even more lovely detail!

Hugs

Di xx

Paradise Lost said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! Your background is stunning and the sentiment is absolutely perfect. |I see why it's a favourite of yours. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Emerald Creek Dares.
{julia}

Brenda said...

Wow Karen! This is simply stunning!! I love the whole scene, the little bunnies are just adorable, loving those flowers and that sky and the 3D flowers. The sentiment fits so well too. I love that sentiment. Hugs, Brenda

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is one fine piece! I love those wildflowers and make a perfect backdrop for those adorable bunnies (I love bunnies!). Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my tree stump project. Please let me know if you have any questions on how to make one--I think you would enjoy making one for yourself! Hugs!

S@ndy Diller said...

Love this on so many levels. So nice to see round and the spring colors are spot on. So lovely - Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

Gayatri said...

What a wonderful sentiment? Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge
Gayatri xx

Jane said...

Hi Karen another really lovely spring piece.The colours are very restful and those spring rabbits are a perfect addition. It is indeed a great sentiment stamp. Thanks for joining us for our spring challenge over at Country View Challenges x
Jane DT

Corrie Herriman said...

Such a lovely piece ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges!
Corrie x

Emma Williams said...

A really pretty canvas, packed full of wonderful detail and elements...

Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) x

kim TangledBlueRose said...

Wonderful project, I really love the round canvas and all the beautiful elementers! So delightful. Thanks so much for sharing at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge!~kim

Team Clark said...

This is just fabulous! Love the natural feel and sweet bunnies!