Friday, 1 April 2016

House of Cards April ...

    

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has been a good one and you have awesome weekend plans.  A new month means a new theme at House of Cards Challenge and we have a lovely choice of a colour scheme and/or using script on your card.  I opted to follow the colour scheme and to make the script the star of my card and here it is …

  
An A5 card for a change!
Love the gorgeous shades of green, pink and red
I was very lucky because I created the stamped panel first and second was to pick the papers lol!
 A final look

Luckily for me this also can be entered into these Challenges
Craft Stamper Challenge Spring Flowers
Crop Stop Blog #14 Linky Party 
I have many favourite colour combinations and this time I used pink and green
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge We Can See Clearly 
 Vintage Stamping Challenge #42 Lots of Layers: there are five on my card
We Love 2 Create Challenge #7 Anything Mixed Media Goes  


I decided to incorporate a technique I have meant to try for a long time.  The stamped panel on my card is a snippet of white card that I dabbed with metallic paint.  Once the paint was dry I used my AquaTints to colour the panel.  The Faux Mother of Pearl technique I will use again and it’s one that I can tick off my list, and it’s a technique I will do again.  Sadly you can’t see it in my photographs but the stamped panel looks beautiful when moved around.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the weekend ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz stamp set: CMS001 Nature’s Moments

Stencil: Tim Holtz layering stencil: THS034 Lace

Miscellaneous Tools:
Ranger: craft scraper; Tim Holtz: ink blending tool and foam; sponge; heat gun; Tonic distressing tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card; snippet Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass white card
12” square paper brand?; snippet DCWV 8” square Garden Party paper stack #; snippet parchment paper #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
The Works: silver acrylic paint
Spectrum Noir AquaTints Beautifully Grunge set
Staz On IP: cactus green
Staz On midi IP: gothic purple
Memento Dew Drop IP:
Blonde Moments Ultra Thick Embossing Powder: Spring Green #

Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts chrysanthemum; Stickles Glitter Glue: pink; pink brads #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; funky foam; texture paste *

* I sort of followed Pamellia’s recipe see here, using what I have in my stash

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old


Group 1: Sue T; Cohenna (Monika); Donna; Toni; Jane; Linda; Leslie
Group 2: Rocky; Ruza; Katy; Merethe; Em; Tina; Shirley
Group 4: Judy; Me; Sue N; Shawna; Daen’Ys; Katarzyna; Paula

26 comments:

Team Clark said...

Karen, this is just so pretty! The flower is darling, a great addition to your lovely layers. What a fabulous sentiment!!! <3

rachel said...

Super pretty make karen. I love the layers and the wonderful delivate colours. Fabulous. Hugs rachel x

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love the vintage look you have created and made the script the focal point.

Sara Barker said...

Such a lovely spring time card! Love the papers you chose to go with your stamped blooms. So pretty, Karen!

Jane said...

Hi Karen, what a lovely spring card. It has a gorgeous vintage feel to it.Thanks so much for joining in with our Spring Challenge at Country View Challenges.
Jane DT x

Mynn Kitchen said...

Totally gorgeous, Karen! I LOVE the amazing shine and texture you added with the embossing--and your layering is fabulous! LOVE this, friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Di said...

Really lovely card Karen - and of course it's pink which I always adore! Love the layers.

I do miss Technique Tuesday - learned a few really good things there - sigh :(

Hugs

Di xx

Stir Your Creativity said...

Wow beautiful card. Loved the layering and the flowers

Tracy Freeman said...

Hiya hun,
this looks great, very pretty colours and i love the vellum panel.
I do hope you are well ?
xxx

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, this card is fabulous! I love the spring colors combo, the sentiment is so awesome, love the embossing...heck I love the whole thing! Hugs, Brenda

Michele Henderson said...

Beautiful and complex! I love layer after layer of color, texture, and crafty goodness!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Merethe Arstein said...

Nice card Karen

(✿*‿*) Ma
HOC DT team
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Hazel Agnew said...

The colour palette, stamping and sentiment go so well together Karen! Made a note of the new technique too! Thanks for joining in with CountryViewCrafts. X

Hazel Agnew said...

The colour palette, stamping and sentiment go so well together Karen! Made a note of the new technique too! Thanks for joining in with CountryViewCrafts. X

Donna said...

What a cool vintage card, so many great details! Donna HOC teammate

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I love how this card turned out and how it has so many fabulous layers! The metallic touches gave it a sense of elegance and I really love how the sentiment on vellum looks. it is soft and energetic and happy all at the same time and it made me excited for things to be in full bloom! Thanks for giving me this gorgeous flower view in the meantime and for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Corrie Herriman said...

So lovely !
Thanks so much for joining in with our Spring Challenge at Country View Challenges.
Corrie x

Katy said...

This is a beautiful card! I love how you added the embossing. And I love the layers and flower! :) Hugs! Katy HOC Teammate :)

Jane Knudsen said...

Wow! I love what you made! The textures and papers and stamping are incredible! jane hoc dt

sue t. said...

Gorgeous, there is some much to look at on this card. Timmy would be proud of you!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Wow, this is beautiful, Karen.
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie

Linda said...

Beautiful card .... love the layers and great texture. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Claire said...

Wow this is beautiful, gorgeous colours and I love all the texture. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
Claire xx

Nikki Killinger said...

Love all the different tones of pink, and the texture, lovely. Thank you for joining us at Craft Stamper this month. xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What amazing details. You created a beautiful card :o)
Tina HOC teamie

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the stamped panel! Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!