Monday, 25 April 2016

Red, white and blue for another sketchy ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well.  I got to play a little over the weekend and that means I’ve a red, white and blue sketchy card to share with you today and here it is …

  
A lovely C6 birthday card
I like this one - the distressed background and the colours are perfect!
These little banner stamps are wonderful and cute too!
A nice bit of distressing too!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Sketch & Splatters: I followed the sketch and I had much fun splattering all over my stencil background!  I have a ‘thi-ang’ for splattering right now


Time Out Challenge #55 Celebrations optional twist die cutting
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #249 Your Favourite Things:
Colours; paints; splattering; stamps; stencils; creating cards and other projects


It’s good that I finally made the time to play with these stamps over the weekend.  I won them just before Christmas and I’ve not had the time or felt up to using them.  So this weekend I had my first proper play and I used two of the bunting stamps and a sentiment from this set to create this card.  

This month I’ve started to use lighter and fresher colours.  It’s finally felt like spring; the light is changing, brighter in the mornings and evenings which I love.  However today it’s grey and really cold which I do not like lol!

I attached the stencil to an A6 piece of Sheena card and used Spectrum Noir AquaTints (ATs) washes to add colour through the stencil.  I had been playing with my ATs for another creation that I can’t share yet.   I deliberately wasn’t precise, I wanted a distressed wall, think I achieved that.  Once the background was dry I used the ATs to edge each side of the card stock and I splattered once again, I hope you aren’t bored of my splatters. 

There was still plenty of pale blue ATs wash in my paint palette so I grabbed several white snippets and coloured them with the blue ATs.  Once dry I used two of the banner stamps and a Versafine IP to stamp the banners on the pale blue snippets. Hunting through my snippets box I found a darker blue snippet and I used Versafine IP and Let’s Celebrate stamp to add the sentiment, the Let’s Celebrate is from the banners stamp set too.  I used my distressing tool to roughen the top and bottom edge of the sentiment banner before gluing it in position.  I trimmed the banners and played with the layout before being happy and gluing them in position.  Of course it needed sequins so they went on too and I was done!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations Stamps: Dee’s Artsy Impressions Banners & Balloons stamp set
Stencil: Gridlocked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pipettes; palette; water cup

Supplies
Card Paper: Sheena Douglass A4 White Stamping Card; snippets of that too
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape & Beautifully Grunge sets
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments: EBay: sequins
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape


13 comments:

brenda said...

I knew from the title that it had to be one for Allsorts Karen and what a beauty it is with the soft approach to the colour palette, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Cara said...

Love those sweet little banners along the top. Fab card. Cara x

rachel said...

love the brick effect karen - it looks brilliant! Big hugs and thanks for joining us at cvc this month too! Hugs Rachel x

Di said...

Well worth waiting to have a play with the stamps Karen - you made a fabulous card here - I love it. The bunting is so sweet :)

Lovely to see you in the Playground

Hugs

Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Super card Karen, love all the details, Kate x

SARN said...

Quite simply FABULOUS ! xxx

Nonni said...

Great card, I love the colors and shabby look.

Barb said...

A lovely card Karen. I love all the little banners. Barbx

Suchi said...

This is a sweet card! Don't you just love this stamp set?! I adore this set! I loved the background you created against those banners! :)
Thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge this month! :)
Suchi - DT xx

Craftyfield said...

Lovely card! Thanks for showing us at Country View Challenges this month.

Ileana A. said...

Wonderful creation!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Sari / Granne said...

Love the soft tones and the banner looks so good. Sequins are such a beautiful touch. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations April challenge and hope to see you again in May.

Shona Chambers said...

What a beautiful colour combo you used and I love that background you created too. The banners look fantastic too with all those silver sequins. So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!!