Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Share the Love Day #2 & #3 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have two cards to share with you today and here is the first one …


  
I am obsessed with this wee bird right now!
Layering up the die really packs a punch!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Featuring Felicity by Pinkfresh Studio


This card was inspired by inspired by everything on Vanessa’s card creation.  I need help using my DP/PP hoard and I was very happy to see inspiration to do so.  I love the layout that Vanessa used on her card, the little bird, the beautiful sentiment and that there was a card with DP on it: yay! 

I cut into a 12” square DP sheet for my House of Cards DT piece.  I’m trying very hard not to add any patterned DP/PP to my snippets box, lol, so at the moment when I cut into a new sheet of paper I make sure the snippets are kept out on my desk to remind me and prompt me.  I have found that way that I am more likely to use them with a week or two, I am hoping I can keep this up lol.  I stamped the bird and ‘so very’ onto white card snippets, the happy words was die cut from white card snippets and then I coloured it with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints.

I was lucky and won a voucher from Virginia when she was a Leading Lady at Winnie & Walter.  Because I saw the projects Virginia created with this stamp set I knew it was going to be versatile and once I took a closer look I had to have it.  I love the sentiments, the birds, the bird houses, and all those other little stamps are great.

Here is the second card …

 
Another A6 card and good to post

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


Once again I was inspired about everything on the card!  I particularly love the angle of the cut on the stamped panel, the black and white paper which has pops of colour, the fact that the sentiment is stamped beneath the blue panel and the sequins: this woman loves her sequins, must invest in more colours too, I have white and silver right now lol!

I so enjoyed stamping and colouring these images and in a lighter and brighter colour scheme too.  I’m finally starting to believe that spring has arrived.  Of course that well may mean that we have a really cold snap again in the UK this week.  My paints, inks and stamps are calling me so once this is linked I’m off to play with them again: it’s hard work but someone has got to do it lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Card #1 Tools
Stamp:
Winnie & Walter Stamps: Happiest of Holidays stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug Die Cutting Machine; Spellbinders Nestability Dies: Large Classic Circle die set; Winnie & Walter Stamps In a Word Happy Cutaway/die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot water

Card #1 Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets: white card for stamping; Basic Grey paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape set
Versafine IP: black
Sakura Sparkle gel pens #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


Card #2 Tools
Stamp:
Winnie & Walter Stamps: Happiest of Holidays stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pipette; pot water

Card #2 Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippet: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape set
Versafine IP: black
Distress IP: Faded Jeans
Sakura Sparkle pen
Embellishments:
Sequins from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


19 comments:

rachel said...

Two great cards karen. Those bitds really are lovely. I love the blues on the second one especially and thanks for joining us at countryview challenges with it and good look. Hugs rachel x

SARN said...

Two lovely cards here Karen. My fave is the top one! Wouldn't do for us all to be the same would it!!! LOL! xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, just lovely cards, I love the little bird and your papers and designs are fabulous, super work, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

I agree your little bird is the tops. I just love the patterned paper you have used on the first card. All the blues on the second card are perfect together. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

Awww, these two cards are so sweet Karen! I love those cute birds and birdhouses. Love the branches that you have your birds sitting on. I so love my birds when they sing outside! That's why I love sitting out and reading. lol Hugs, Brenda

Aileen Ryan said...

Those birds are so cute. I love both cards and really love the effect of the all blue card. looks wonderful so eye-catching.

Arlene said...

Wonderful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Craftyfield said...

Both are lovely makes! Thanks for entering your cute bird in our Country View Challenge this month.

Sid said...

Loving both your fab cards ! Great design !

Dess V said...

Very sweet card with lovely birds!

Thanks for playing with us at Card mania challenge!
*Dess*

Darnell J Knauss said...

These are both so delightful, Karen! I feel like I've been hugged by Springtime herself! I love all the birdies that are returning and nesting and chirping!! It reaffirms life!! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Sharada dilip acharya said...

Beautiful creations Karen
Thanks for joining us at the PABD challenges please lin bac to the blog
DT Sharada Dilip

Rebecca Gillard said...

What a sweet card. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x

Ellibelle said...

Two beautiful cards Karen! Loving the pretty paper and design on the first one, and loving the watercolor look on the second one, just gorgeous!
Thanks so much for playing along in my Critters and Creatures Linky party, hope you come join in again soon!

Monika Gulyas said...

Thank you for joining our April Challenge at Country View Challenges and sharing with us your lovely cards! You are right, this wee bird are really so very cute!

Monica Maier said...

Wonderfully fun card, love the birds! Thanks for joining us Dic Cut diva's

Vijaylaxmi Siyal (Shalu) said...

Fabulous cards ...both are just awesome !!Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects with us @ Peek-a-boo designs !! DT :)

Juhi said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you so for joining us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge. Hope to see you again soon!

halak shah said...

Absolutely gorgeous set of cards Karen! Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #5 over at Peek-A-Boo Designs and all the best! ^__^