Saturday, 9 April 2016

Share the Love Day #4 & #5 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have fabulous weekend plans.  I have another two cards to share with you today and here is the first …
 
Another A6 card and flat for posting
Cutie pies!
Just a little detail!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 
featuring Felicity by Pink Fresh Studio


This card was heavily inspired by Laura’s card on the Winnie & Walter Day 4 blog post.  My regular friends and followers know that I have been very into creating two different styles of cards this year.  I love mixed media cards and I love clean and simple card design too.  The card below was actually created before this one and when I did that card I could not find my Washi tape but I did find it last night when I started creating this one, it was on my desk lol!  
Anyway I adore the clean and simple style of Laura’s card with the two birds facing each other at the bottom.  I don’t have two of these stamps.  I stamped the bird onto card, inked it up the stamp again and stamped it on my Splodge-Away mat, I put a piece of card onto the mat and rubbed on the back of the card and that’s how I’ve got the two birds looking at each other: I love techniques!  As Laura has some detail on the RHS of her card I used two of the cute itty bitty stamps to do that.  I coloured the birds and the itty bitty stamped details using my Spectrum Noir AquaTints Landscape set.  Funnily enough this card is the one that took more time because of keeping it clean. 
I have problems when I have paints out and white card, I don’t like that fact but it is what it is lol!  Laura’s card was the one that really called to me from this day yet I love every card that has been spotlighted at Winnie & Walter for this share the love week. 

And here is the second card …

I forgot to take a side view photo, apologies: this card has a little depth from the layered die cut.
I'm not sure why the 'y' has photographed like that - it isn't bent IRL!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
featuring Felicity by Pink Fresh Studio


This card was heavily inspired by Heather’s card on the Winnie and Walter blog post.  I have to say I have had so much fun doing this.  I used my Spectrum Noir Landscape AquaTints to colour the bird and to colour the die cuts, the two blues are gorgeous.  Heather used Washi tape on her card but as I can’t find my Washi tape so I used snippets created by me instead, I think by the shimmer on them they are left over from playing with Luminarte H2O’s.  I love the way that Heather added her strips of Washi and die cut word on an angle so I did that with mine and as I don’t have any enamel dots I used my much loved sequins instead and I deliberately added splatters of paint too, as I’ve mentioned previously I am loving the wee bird and splattering right now lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Card One Tools
Stamp:
Winnie & Walter Stamps: Happiest of Holidays stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; Splodge-Away mat; pipette; water pot
Card One Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card; Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge set; Essentials set; Landscape set
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Do Crafts: Washi tape
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
  
Card Two Tools
Stamp:
Winnie & Walter Stamps: Happiest of Holidays stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Die:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Winnie & Walter Stamps: in a word Happy die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pipette; water pot
Card Two Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card; Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets inky paper from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape set
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Sequins from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


18 comments:

Melissa L. said...

Oh! How sweet, Karen. I love the pretty spattered papers and the nice bug happy! Thanks for playing along at HLS MM Challenge: Wings.

Jane Willis said...

Two gorgeous cards. I especially love the strips of card on the bottom card, the colouring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Twofers
Jane

Cara said...

Hi Karen, I wandered over from the snippets playground and love your blog, so I've signed up to follow you. I'm just starting to dip my toe into mixed media and you have made some inspiring projects. The little bird stamp is just too cute for words. Cara x

SARN said...

Both cards are FAB. Particularly loving the second one!

Happy Sunday to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Zoe Sanderson said...

Hello Karen, no time no see. These are two lovely cards full of charm and you are so right they scream SPRING! Enjoy the rest of the week-end hope we see you again soon at Twofers. XOXO

Brenda said...

I love both of your cards Karen! The CAS on is just so sweet, love those cute birds. They look like they are talking to one another. Your mixed media card is equally fabulous! I love your sweet bird sitting on the happy. Also love the stripes in the grey and pink with the splatters. I love splatters. lol Hugs, Brenda

Sid said...

Great cards Karen, love your designs !

Craftychris said...

Both these are gorgeous! It's cool how you got the two birds facing each other, fab technique - thank you for sharing! xxx

Sharada dilip acharya said...

Beautiful creations
Thanks for joining us at the PABD challenges
please do drop in our link in your Blogpost
DT Sharada Dilip

Pawsitively Creative said...

You have been busy! Fantabulous cards and such sweet birds! I agree, techniques are wonderful and fun to try! Awesome sauce designs for all of the cards. ~Niki

Katelyn said...

Fun card and your design is beautiful! Thanks for joining us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
-Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

Ellibelle said...

So happy you joined in again in my critters and creatures linky party. Gorgeous creations again! The birds are so cute!

Craftyfield said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at the Country View Challenges.

Vijaylaxmi Siyal (Shalu) said...

Pretty cards karen !! Thank you so much for joining us @ Peek-a-boo Designs Challenge :)
DT

Carol said...

Gorgeous work Karen. Thanks for joining us at HLS Mixed Media challenge this month Carol DT x

scrapfantazje said...

Lovely!
Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge, good luck:)
Marzena DT

Monika Gulyas said...

Wow, again this cute little bird! Lovely cards! Thank you for joining our April Challenge at Country View Challenges!

halak shah said...

I absolutely love this cute little birdie! Beautiful set of cards Karen! Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #5 over at Peek-A-Boo Designs and all the best! ^__^