Monday, 23 May 2016

A sketchy ..

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well.  I have a card to share with you today and here it is …

  
An A6 nice and flat too
Lots of yummy detail and texture = happy me!
I played around with my Maimeri Glossy Gel and got some lovely texture
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 AAA Cards Challenge #65 Happy 2nd Birthday Wishes
To the lovely & mega talented Design Team @ AAA Cards Challenge
  Allsorts Challenge #364 Happy 7th Birthday Wishes
To the lovely & mega talented Design Team @ Allsorts Challenge

 Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Terrible Teenagers: I think they’d be okay with my card
#36 sketch or clean & simple: I chose CAS.  
This card is for a box of cards I am gifting to a family member
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #294 Embossing: wet or dry: most definitely wet


I made this card especially for several challenges but I have to admit that part of the reason for making it was the fact that I love playing and stamping with my balloon stamps too, lol. 

I’ve also been experimenting too, as per usual, with my mixed media supplies.  The strip down the border and the balloons were coloured with my Spectrum Beautifully Grunge AquaTints, I am obsessed with the lime green at the moment, it happens every year: the coming of spring means my colour choice brightens.  So I coloured an A5 piece of white card with the lime green AquaTints and left to dry.  Once it was dry used Washi tap to attach the stencil and applied my own texture paste, removed the stencil and threw gold UTEE over the top and left to dry.  The next day I heated the UTEE and achieved the lovely bubbly texture.  Because the stencil is 5” x 7” there was some green coloured card left so I stamped and embossed my balloons onto that and then painted the glossy gel to see if the texture would be touch-able/feel-able as well as visible: yep it is!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations Stamps: Dee’s Artsy Impressions Banners & Balloons stamp set
Stencil: Stamplorations Stamps: Gridlocked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; heat tool; pipettes; palette knife; water cup
                
Supplies
Card Paper: Sheena Douglass A4 White Stamping Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge set
Adirondack IP: meadow #
Gold UTEE #
Gold detail EP #*
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape
Versamark IP
Maimeri Glossy Gel


VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase: # min. 9 years old; #* 3 years min

15 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the design, Thank you for joining in our Birthday celebration Challenge this week at Allsorts, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Macimbalo said...

Love your heart balloons!

Suchi said...

Don't you just love these stamps- balloons are my fave! I love the texture border too! :)
Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations! :)
Suchi xx

brenda said...

A super creation for our 7th Birthday celebrations Karen, many thanks for joining the party at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Jane said...

I can certainly understand your obsession with lime greens - the colours looking absolutely fabulous. And yay for the pretty heart shaped balloons! Thanks for joining in AAA Cards birthday party.

Justine Hovey said...

I love all the texture! Thanks for playing along and celebrating our 2nd birthday with us at AAA Card Challenge!

SARN said...

WOW - that is one cool as a cucumber birthday card Karen. Love it.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

rachel said...

love this CAS design Karen - it works perfectly! Thanks for joining us at CVC this month too and good luck! Hugs rachel x

Hazel Agnew said...

Karen, I love the texture and the white space, and the finished result is delightful. I had a good weekend too. Thankyou for joining in with Country View Crafts...a fabulous entry. X

Linda said...

I love this ..... beautiful CAS design, and all that texture .... fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media Challenge xx

Kath Stewart said...

pretty card Karen...experimenting is so much fun...thanks for sharing at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Sammy said...

This is so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Taunya Butler said...

So much yummy texture and fun dimension on this card that makes me want to shout "Happy Birthday"!! Love the added details and the whole card is just so fun!!

Julie B said...

So much texture and movement but it still remains CAS.
So pleased to see you in the gallery at STAMPlorations. :)

Cara said...

Love all the texture you created, beautiful shade of green too. Cara x