Friday, 27 May 2016

Another sketch ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have fabulous weekend plans, it’s a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK so all the roads out to anywhere nice are going to be packed and it will probably rain too!  I have another birthday card to show you today and here it is …

   
A6 card and for giving by hand because of the depth!
I am enjoying this experimenting malarky!
Yay a good photo of the fabulous texture
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 AAA Cards Challenge #65 Happy 2nd Birthday Wishes
To the lovely & mega talented Design Team @ AAA Cards Challenge



Love to Create Challenge #11 Anything Creative/Mixed Media
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Make a Wish: to keep on experimenting! 
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes


The ABC Challenge H for Heavy with Embellishments:
three chipboard hearts, sequins, UTEE and modelling paste


I recently located a box full of Woodware chipboard shapes, lol, I think they are more than ten years old!!  They must have been a special offer on QVC at some point as I know that’s where a lot of my really old stash came from.  I have made sure that I can see them, like I have with my pretty flowers, so that I can try and remember to use them. 

When I saw the sketch at Stamplorations at the beginning of the month I knew they would work as the flower elements so I attached one of my mixed media experimental backgrounds to three of them.  Once the glue was dry I sanded the edges and then coloured them with gold acrylic paint – it looks better this way!  Luckily enough there was a bit left over and I was able to use that to fit with the sketch and of course it needed a bit of stamping here and there – I love the swirly-ma-gigs and a sentiment plus a few sequins too.  For a fabulous change I have used the whole A5 experimental piece so none will go into the snippets bag: yay!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations Stamps: Dee’s Artsy Impressions Banners & Balloons stamp set
Stencil: Stamplorations Stamps: Gridlocked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; heat tool; pipettes; palette knife; water cup
                
Supplies
Card Paper: Sheena Douglass A4 White Stamping Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge set
Adirondack IP: meadow #
Artiste gold acrylic paint
Gold UTEE #
Embellishments:
Woodware Chipboard shapes #; sequins from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP
Versamark IP
Maimeri Glossy Gel
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape; funky foam; double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase: 9 years old

22 comments:

Jane said...

Lots of wonderful depth and texture, loving the greeny gold shine. Thanks for the kind words about AAA Cards and for joining in our birthday bash.

Tanja said...

love your textured hearts - thanks for joining the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

MaryV said...

Love all the texture in your card! Thank you for joining CWS Challenge this month. Hope to see you again!
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Wheelie Crafty said...

Wow I ove the depths you have created... Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Kath Stewart said...

another beautiful card Karen with fabulous texture...thanks for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love green and gold, and you've really achieved some gorgeous texture and shine with this card. Keep on experimenting - keeps you fresh and on your game! Thanks for joining in the birthday festivities at AAA Cards!

Joi at RR said...

What a fun card this would be to receive Karen. And you will probably think me daft but.... somehow... it reminds me of a the trunk of a tree after a rain! Hubby likes to save the "bump" or "warts" off the side of the dead trees. Do you know what I mean? They are like big bumps - like a growth - and they are round but often have a shape to them. He preserves them and they are lovely inside and out. And your hearts remind me of those big warts on the sides of the tree. Your green color is so vibrant and lovely - your bumps would be on a living tree, of course! Anyway... end of story is that I think your card is STUNNINGLY LOVEY! Xj.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous . Love the colour and those embellishments are really eye catching. This does remind me that I have lots of chipboard shapes too though they are not Woodware. Trouble is out of site out of mind. Hugs Mrs A.

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous texture and great take on the sketch. Loving the combination of gold and green. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations May challenge, hope to see you in June also.

SARN said...

Mmmm . . . lots of lovely texture and glitz. GORGEOUS.

Hugs, Sarn xxxv

Teresa Kline said...

hello karen! this is adorable, I am sooo luvin all the texture on the sweet hearts! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at ABC challenges.
Hugs, Iwona

Debbie Ellis said...

Love your card, love the work on the hearts. looks amazing
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie DT

Helen F. said...

This is fabulous, Karen. Lovin the pretty textured hearts and cool design of your card. Thank you for playing along with Creative With Stamps~CAS Challenge this month :)

Eunice Beckmann said...

It looks so pretty - love all the texture on your card!
Thank you for joining our Challenge at Creative with Stamps :)
Eunice (DT)

Katy said...

Hey Karen! I am loving those hearts! Awesome card! I pinned it too! :) Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! :) --Hugs Katy!

Katy said...

LOL Hey Karen! I meant Creating With Stamps! :)

Craftychris said...

Fabulous texture to those fab hearts - love the colours too! Very cool card! xxx

Lilian YF said...

So cool! Love the textures!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Cara said...

Loving all the textures you've been creating recently and this is no exception. Cara x

Suchi said...

That's a great way to alter your chipboard! Pretty card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
Suchi- DT xx

Ingrid Blackburn said...

LOVE those hearts! What great texture you achieved. Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! :)