Thursday, 12 May 2016

Go figure! Photo Heavy Warning! Heads that is...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well – nearly the weekend too lol!  I realised rather suddenly last night that it has been a long time since I shared my trying to learn to draw and paint images so that’s why I’m here today and here they are …

I've started gluing them into an A4 journal/scrapbook
 
Right way to see both!
I've also started outlining some of them
  
I do seem to be obsessed with long hair, big eyes and pouting lips!
       
My first attempt at pigtails and sometimes I am adding colour with markers to their eyes and lips
   
Quite often I end up with crossed eyed ladies lol!
I have started to play a bit more recently!
  
I like the funky hair and the hair up
Different hair and pony tail too!
  
I like the one on the left a lot and that face and style I want to draw again
  
I now I will practicing these pig tails and different shaped eyes the weekend
This is my first mixed media face that I like enough to keep and put in my journal

Created for me and these Challenges

 
I hope my painted figure head is allowed

Creative Artiste Challenge #14 Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu Challenge May Anything Goes
That’s Crafty Challenge Go Figure: I hope my painted figure head is allowed
We Love to Create Challenge #10 Mixed Media Anything Goes


I have ended up having three different journals on the go, lol.  I have an A5 journal for my mucky playing with mixed media, stencils and stamps; an A4 journal that I am pasting my drawings and paintings into; and another A5 sketch book which is just for pencil sketching.  I have gone from no journals to three different ones over the past year lol!

My face painting isn’t perfect but I am happy with the end result.  I finally managed to paint a face with my watercolours and acrylic paints because I like to use both for different elements.  One day I hope to be able to do it all with acrylics but that will take time and as I’m not in a hurry and was not expecting to do art again I am a lot more relaxed about dipping my toes into the arts and not just crafts (I hope that makes sense). 
It has been a big learning curve to this point and I think I will be learning what to do and what not to do with the acrylic paints from here onwards.  I have to admit to the fact that personally I find watercolours a much easier medium after all I have been water colouring with inks and watercolours for more than fifteen years now and I know my ‘sketching eyes’ have improved too.  Onwards and upwards I will go lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Miscellaneous Tools: watercolour paintbrushes; acrylic paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper: Sheena Douglass card for stamping (300 gsm); journal
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Water-soluble pencil
Spectrum Noir Aqua pen: blossom
Pebeo acrylic paint: 83 cerise
Delta Ceramcoat acrylic paints: black; candy bar brown; dark brown

The Works Acrylic paints: white; blue

19 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Your art is just fine hun - I too am trying to learn to draw and still not managed a full face yet. Well done you. Thanks for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges
Elaine aka Ellapu

brenda said...

Great to see you turning your hand to something slightly different Karen, I think it all helps to keep our creative juices flowing, well done on your finished project.

B x

Craftychris said...

So cool seeing all your different faces. Particularly love the funky hair and makeup! Your watercolour face is fabulous. I can't draw at all so am so impressed! I wouldn't dare try! xxx

Cara said...

Looks like your drawing is coming on fabulously. Love the idea of collating them all. Cara x

Barb said...

What great head they are Karen. They really look good. Barbxx

Joi at RR said...

This was just so fun to read Karen - wow - so many wonderful faces. Sooooo happy you shared them all. My favorites are the pigtail girls. For some reason - you have them down perfectly. I adore the one with the tiny pink ribbons on her pig tails, and the colorful flower girl beside her. Plus the gal with the circle hair - so lovely. Keep it up - they all have such great personalities. Totally splendid eye/eyelashes on your finished gal and she has the cutest nose ever!! She needs a name!!! GREAT POST!!! Xj.

Chana Harris said...

You encourage me! I can't draw a lick but might have a go at it. I like the faces and since I am African American, the pouty lips, round eyes and hair are quite beautiful to me. Cannot wait to see your final journal, I am sure it will be amazing. Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at Altered Eclectics.
Hugz,
Chana, DT

rachel said...

amazing work Karen - really great faces - I wish I had the courage to try!! I did one about a year ago but unlike you I wasn't happy!!! Not tried since!!! Big hugs Lovely lady! Rachel x

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck!!! Amy DT

Lisa said...

Oh wow, your faces are amazing!! You've done such a fabulous job on all of them!! I love the painted one - so beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with our "Celebrate Your Style" challenge at Anything But Cute!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jane Royston said...

Well done Karen! Really good faces, thank you for joining in with Altered Eclectics this month, Jane (DT) :) x

Pawsitively Creative said...

Your mixed media hand drawn and painted face definitely works for our theme this month and you have used more than one wet media so you are good to go. Your faces are so varied and awesome sauce! Fantabulous painting for your last picture shown and the highlights in her eyes are a great touch. I agree with Joi-what's her name going to be? :)

Thanks for joining our "Celebrate Your Style" challenge at Anything But Cute! And for celebrating our Blogiversary! Hugz! ~Niki DT

SARN said...

What a fantastic post Karen. You are a marvel at trying out a technique and keeping going until you like the results. Well done that Woman! Great results.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Joyce Ann said...

You go girl!...Picasso v2.0. Pretty good. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck in the challenge.

Wheelie Crafty said...

Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Yvonne Garner said...

Congratulations for taking the journey with the first step! I have tried and cannot draw a decent face. You have succeeded! Bravo! Thanks for sharing with us at EE!

Judy McKay said...

Great project. Love seeing the steps. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Sara Barker said...

Karen, I saw your portrait a while back, but have just been able to pop over to read your post and see all the details! I'm so happy I did! You've really done an amazing job with all your drawings and I just adore the ones with the pigtails! Faces are so hard to do, and you have really stepped up to the plate with these!

While I'm here, I will say thank you for joining our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute, for your support of the blog and for all your lovely comments! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Rocky said...

What a great collection of faces, love the funky hair one. Thank you for sharing them with us at Altered Eclectics.