Sunday, 1 May 2016

House of Cards May Challenge ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  A new month means a new theme at House of Cards Challenge and during May we have a Supply Challenge which means we want you to use either acetate or vellum on your creation.  I opted to use part of a technique I learnt from the very talented Jennifer McGuire, here, and this is my card 


A 148mm square card
Side view - it's flat!
Open up the vellum to see lovely flowers
Aren't they lovely?!
A final look - love this!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
#191 Anything Goes

Card Mania Challenge CMC#80 Flowers
Crop Stop Blog #15 Link Party


 The Card Concept Challenge #54 Spring Flowers
I chose to created a CAS style card and I was inspired by the photo

The Cats Pajamas Challenge  TCP#313 Flowers
Time Out Challenge #55 Celebrations optional twist die cutting

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #281 Anything Goes


As you can see I am still having a watercolour obsession.  After seeing Jennifer’s video I knew that I had to try this vellum overlay technique and I am so happy I did!  I am going to do this technique again and the next time I do I will try with a much smaller inner.  The inside card is 120mm square and the vellum overlay is 148mm square.

Please do go and take a peek at the rest of the Design Teams creations.  The other ladies knock my socks off every month and every month I try harder to create something pretty or beautiful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paintbrushes; palette; pipettes; water cup

Supplies
Card Paper: Sheena Douglass A4 White Stamping card; A4 parchment

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape; Beautifully Grunge
White EP

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; Versamark IP

37 comments:

sue t. said...

ahhhh... that Jennifer, she is amazing huh. You were certainly a good student. Beautiful card!

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning! Donna HOC teamie

Michele Henderson said...

Very pretty card! The vellum overlay is a creative and unique technique! I love the look, like flowers in the fog! I think I will try this too.
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

rachel said...

Oh my .... so beautiful... really lovely! Hugs rachel x

brenda said...

Lost for words Karen, you know how much I adore Poppies and those on your card looks absolutely beautiful and the background looks like a blue summer sky.

So pleased you shared this beauty with us at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Glittered Paws said...

WOW - love this technique - and the flowers under the vellum are beautifully colored. Great card. Shirley H. Teammate

Virginia Lu said...

Gorgeous design all around! Love the beautiful blooms with the vellum! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Cara said...

Interesting technique. I hadn't seen that before. Love your watercolouring. Cara x

linda said...

beautiful card karen! i missed this technique so will add it to my 'must try when i have more time' list. thank you so much for sharing it with us at penny black and more!

linda
your HOC teamie too :)

Lilian YF said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

SARN said...

Wonderful colouring and pretty flowers to make a beautiful card.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Dotty Jo x said...

A very lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us at CWS, Jo x

Joyce said...

This is beautiful. I love the muted look achieved with your vellum. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Carol said...

This is so pretty Karen, a gorgeous card and technique. Carol x

Nancy Thomas said...

Absolutely stunning! Thank you playing in the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

Sara Barker said...

Karen, your watercolor card is just beautiful! Hugs!

Andrea W said...

Your flowers are lovely and I like how you added the vellum. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.

laurie said...

Very creative and a fun idea with the vellum. Such pretty blooms too.Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Lilian YF said...

Back to say...Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept and ATSM, too! =)
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Billie A said...

Great look with the vellum and the poppies are so pretty. Love the look. Thanks for joining us at Creative with Stamps for our CAS theme challenge.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love your flowers and how you colored them...so pretty! Love the vellum panel, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Brenda said...

This really is a lovely card. I love the way the vellum hides all the wonderful details of the flowers until you open it up. Thanks so much for joining us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge!

Gerrina said...

These flowers look great! Can dee them standing in the garden en moving in the wind! Thanks for taking some TIME OUT and join us!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Gorgeous card Karen, your poppies are stunning! Thanks so much for sharing it and thank you for your very kind words on my blog! Deb xo

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what a stunning card!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the beautiful colors!! This is so absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your sweet words!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello my lovely, how are you doing ? I am so excited you have ordered the Misti, it is frigging amazing !!! you will LOVE it !
As for this card, totally and utterly beautiful, the vellum overlay is just perfect.
Sending hugs my lovely friend xxx

Daen'Ys said...

I can guess the beauty of these gorgeous flowers - veiled by the vellum. What a stunning creation !!
Hugs, Rosi

Mervi said...

Fabulous flowers Karen, lovely card.
Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along with a the Card Concept!

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Loving your tecnique - such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Gorgeous card! The image is beautiful and you did a wonderful job water coloring it :o)
Tina HOC teamie

Mynn Kitchen said...

Oh, those blooms are SO amazing, Karen! I adore the beautiful colors you used and the silvery shine! GORGEOUS, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Katy said...

This is stunning Karen! I love the soft background and those flowers! Very cool with the vellum that comes over the card. :) Hugs! Katy--HOC DT Teammate :)

PLISSA ADD said...

Ohhh...A card with suspense... this flowers is beautiful! thanks for sharing with us...Enjoy. Paula.

Merethe Arstein said...

Wow love your card and flowrs.. and that stamp i great...
(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Em Louise Fairley said...

So beautiful, Karen.
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie