Thursday, 19 May 2016

Multi coloured flowers ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have another card to show you today and here it is …

   
An A5 card which screams spring to me
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Card Mania Challenge CMC#80 Flowers
The Cats Pajamas Challenge  TCP#314 Sentiments 
The Ribbon Girl Challenge May Any Image Challenge
Time Out Challenge #57 be inspired by ‘may all your weeds be wild flowers’
To me that phrase inspires me to create floral cards or projects


I am enjoying playing with these stamps and I love the different looks I have captured using them.  For today’s card I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to stamp and colour the panel and my AquaTints to colour the flower embellishment.  I inked up the pens with my Aqua pens and stamped onto Sheena Douglass card.  I left the stamped panel to dry for about an hour before picking up a just damp paintbrush and I gently dragged the paint to colour the stamped flowers.  

The parchment was a left over snippet from my HOC 1st May post and the patterned paper is also a left over from another project.  I die cut the word from white snippets which I coloured with the yellow Spectrum Aqua pen.  I used a lovely piece of ribbon, sequins, a butterfly and a stamen to decorate the card and I am really happy with the end result.  Not much in the way of mixed media but it was nice and easy to create lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug machine; Tim Holtz Handwritten Love Thinlets die set
Miscellaneous Tools: paint brush; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper: Sheena Douglass stamping card; K&Co patterned paper; snippet parchment
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Aqua pens: heather; begonia; marigold
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts flower & stamen
EBay: sequins
Stickles glitter glue pink #; mesh butterfly #; ribbon #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; funky foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old

12 comments:

brenda said...

The Vellum really does give a very different look Karen as well as adding interest and dimension to your pretty card.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

How beautiful Karen, I love your use of velum, and all the pretty pastel shades, lovely embellishments too, Kate x

rachel said...

the vellum looks brilliant Karen - gives a lovely finish to your beautiful card! Hugs rachel x

Joyce said...

What a lovely card. Such great texture and colors. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Cara said...

Beautiful. Love all the textures and bright colours. Cara x

Brenda said...

Beautiful image, Karen. I love the way your embellie reflects the flower theme. Thanks for joining us again at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge!

Sasha Jundt said...

Very elegant! Beautiful design with gorgaous details!
Thank you very much for sharing this beauty with us at FFFC. Good luck and hope to see you again really soon!
Sasha

Gerrina said...

So great to see so any different flowers on your card; looks so good! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the vellum with the floral theme. Thank you for linking up to the TCP challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

Rae Ann said...

Love the panel you created for this! The softness of the vellum combined with the bright colors really make for a stunning focal point.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our May Flowers challenge.

Swissie said...

So beautiful and special!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT

Bev said...

Love the panel, so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Noor Design this month