Thursday, 26 May 2016

New Butterfly stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have a card to share with you today and here it is …

 
A 6" square card
The inlaid circle and the glitter - goes everywhere that stuff does!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Allsorts Challenge #364 Happy 7th Birthday Wishes
To the lovely & mega talented Design Team @ Allsorts Challenge

Butterfly Challenge #55 Butterflies and A for Aperture &/ Apricot
The orange is as close as I can achieve to apricot
Crop Stop Blog #16 link party (Distress ink pads)
Deep Ocean Challenge #129 Shabby Chic or Vintage
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #3 Black & White Plus One Other Colour
I am sharing that you don’t have to use Kim’s stamps to enter and win at Paperbabe Stamps Challenge!
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Make a Wish: to keep on stamping!
 Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Terrible Teenagers


I recently was a lucky winner over at Paperbabe stamps challenge: yay!  I already have several sets of Kim’s stamps and I love them all.  I knew I had won the challenge but hadn’t popped over to the shop for a while so when I saw Kim released a new set of stamps that were all about the butterfly: I was overjoyed!  So I got to play with those stamps over the weekend and I love them!  I need to make sure I spend some time playing with these as well as checking out Kim’s post as there is more ways you can create butterflies than the usual with this set.  I also got to play with a NBUS die to try out inlaid die cutting.  I inlaid the die cut circle very easily but those little bits from the Spellbinders die: you can see I didn’t manage that so I used some wet glue and black glitter.  I will try again but with something less detailed in future.  I also managed to use quite a few pre cut flowers which is fabulous as I have shrunk one pile just a little but every little bit counts.


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp: Paperbabe Stamps: Butterfly Pieridae
Die Cutting Tool & DieCuttlebug machine; Spellbinders Shapeability die set
Miscellaneous Tools: ink blending tool and foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress IPs: Weathered Wood; Spiced Marmalade
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards die cut flowers #
Black glitter #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


19 comments:

Kathleen said...

Great colours and images, love the subtle background and the flowers.
Thank you for joining our Birthday challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty butterfly and flowers! Glitter does go everywhere. For a long time!

Mrs A. said...

Great flower shape . I do like the larger spotty butterflies on the background design. They work well with the inset apricot butterfly. The mess that glitter makes does tend to put me off using it so I try using glittered paper when I can. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge wher your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Barbara Schiassi said...

Love this palette, so elegant! Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

brenda said...

A great card and perfect for our 7th Birthday celebrations Karen and what a lovely spotty Butterfly along with the fresh yellows, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Mervi said...

Lovely cards and stamps.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts Birthday Challenge;-))m

SARN said...

Congrats on our win. The pretty stamps have allowed you to make a pretty card! Love the floral embellishments too.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue - said...

Hi Karen thank you for visiting me. There is a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for the pleated skirt card. Your butterfly card is beautiful!

KandA said...

Fabulous card and super background with the stamped butterflies.
Thanks for fluttering by Mrs A's Butterfly challenge - Andrea GDT xx

Sara Barker said...

Wow, Karen, you have been busy! Love your flowers and the butterflies are so pretty! I always have glitter on my face! Never mind about how much glitter I have in my Closet! Hugs!

rachel said...

beautiful work Karen - I adore the background butterflies and the circle and those flowers are yummy - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

Sammy said...

So lovely! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Taunya Butler said...

So very lovely - the color scheme is fabulous!! And all the special details make this a real fluttering beauty!!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Lovely card, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'. Hope you can join today's new challenge too, "Embossing". Have a wonderful creative weekend.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Di said...

Gorgeous card Karen - wonderful colours too. Og I did giggle, you went for a baptism of fire for your first play at inlaid dies didn't you - but it's a fab result. Maybe you'd find it easier if you backed the aperture part of the die cut with either self adhesive sheet, or even sellotape. Much easier than adding sticky to the individual pieces or ever fiddling round trying to get little bits of backing off them. Ask me how I know this!! :)

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

Julie B said...

Love your butterfly background and well done with the inlay.
So pleased you linked up at HLS AG dies challenge. :)

laurie said...

Stunning..those blooms are gorgeous!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Cara said...

Fab card, love the glitter! Cara x