Sunday, 15 May 2016
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Apologies for the delay in sharing anything it’s been a hectic start to the month lol! I have a card to share with you today and here it is …
An A5 card that I have grunged and glamourised!
This is a style that does not come easily to me & previously I've hated what I created in this style
My obsession with these flower stamps is still ongoing!
Lots of lovely layers of schtuff!
I adore this little detail on the side!
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Craft Stamper Challenge May Anything Goes
Emerald Creek Dares Challenge The B’s: bling; blossoms; brads; bubbles
At the beginning of the month after seeing several challenges there were a few that I really, really wanted to play along as several of them really grabbed me. I started my project by the theme at Frilly & Funky Challenge to create something in an opposite style to your normal style. That idea excited me but I wasn’t sure if I could create distress style. Now I’m wondering if my signature style has expanded!
I inked up one of the flowers with my Spectrum Noir Aqua Sepia then stamped onto white card. I then inked the stem with leaves up with the Aqua Green and stamped them to match the flower images. The next step was to spray the panel to create a diffused look. I sprayed the stamped flowers too much because the paint spread across the card and the flowers were no longer visible but I had a fabulous background. Once the card had dried I stamped the flowers again using the Aqua Sepia to ink up the stamp but didn’t look right so I sprayed with water again and left to dry. Once dry I used a blue from my Spectrum Aqua’s to ink the flower head then stamped the flowers and the stems in position which turned out to be a good choice. I used a damp brush to pull the colour into the flowers and stem and I am happy with the end result.
Then I turned my attention to the background paper. We have an old encyclopaedia which is well and truly out of date so I have started to pull out pages to use as backgrounds for my projects and for today’s card I kept the definition of ‘bloom’ visible which can just about be seen on the RHS next to the stamped and coloured flowers. Oddly enough I am happy to do that but still struggle to use patterned paper from my stash, grr. Using the darker blue from my Primary AquaTints I created several blue washes and coloured the background. It wasn’t quite right so I created pale acrylic paint washes and a pearl white wash to boost the colour on the page. Once the background was dry I scored and folded an A4 card in half and attached the background to the card then trimmed the edges. I attached a stencil and used Teal Sakura Sparkle pen to add some detail to the bottom right hand side of the card. I trimmed the stamped flower panel to size and used my Tim Holtz distress tool on the edges and attached to the card. I then moved onto colouring and distressing the embellishments and the die cut. Some half pearls and Platinum Stickles was added to the flowers to add glamour to my card (it is one of my designs after all) and I was happy with the finished look and the distressing, which, very surprisingly, we both like an awful lot lol!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp: Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug; Paper Smooches ‘friend’ die
Stencil: free from a magazine (no brand visible)
Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes; water pot; palette; spray water bottle; Martha Stewart butterfly mould
Card Paper: Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card; old encyclopaedia page; 300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir: Aqua pens: Sepia, blue, green
Spectrum Noir: AquaTints: Primary
Spectrum Noir: Sparkle clear overlay pen
Ranger Perfect Pearls: Rust
Blue acrylic paint; white pearl paint; Sakura Sparkle Pen Teal
Country View Crafts: flowers
My stash: sequins; half pearls; gem; flower
Collall All Purpose Glue; double sided tape; funky foam