Friday, 13 May 2016

Ruby red and recycling ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have awesome weekend plans.  Thank you all so much for your lovely comments on my doodling faces – I do love to draw these days but am still struggling with painting with the acrylics, but will keep  practicing and learning, hopefully improving too.  I have a birthday card to share with you today and here it is …

  
A 5" x 7" card
I think the background is fabulous
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #54 R for Recycle &/or Ruby Red: I used recycle this time
Card Mania Challenge CMC#80 Flowers: loads on the background
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #228: the butterflies and die cut are from snippets
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Flowers: loads on the background 
Stamping Sensations Challenge Anything Goes with a Stamp & Ribbon 
The Ribbon Girl Challenge May Anything Goes

Over at Mrs A’s butterfly challenge the current theme is red and/or recycled.  I actually managed to do both for a change lol!  The card that is the background is from a gift box and I have a photo to prove it and here it is …


When my mum retired from her part time job last year she received some lovely boxed gifts.  After she had taken all the goodies out of this box she brought it around to me to see if I wanted to recycle it, the Mr of the house groaned at this point, lol!  It’s a gorgeous pattern and so sumptuous that I knew I had to recycle it and not have it binned.  It’s only taken me a year to remember it and starting using it!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: W Plus 9 Flora & Fauna II
Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug; Tim Holtz Handwritten Love Thinlets die set
Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paint brushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper: Sheena Douglass card; 300 gsm card; recycled card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versamark IP; gold EP #
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary; Essentials
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: Clear Overlay
Embellishments:
Gold sheer ribbon #
Mrs Grossman’s metal stickers #
The Works: gem #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old

22 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Karen...love the stamped butterflies hanging off the edge and good job with recycling that gorgeous box ...thanks for sharing over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Di said...

Beautiful card Karen - and wonderful recycling too :) Sumptuous is the word I think!

Hugs

Di xx

Cara said...

Brilliant card and great recycling! I can see why you had to keep that box. Cara x

Barb said...

This is a stunner Karen. Lots of lovely ruby red and great recycling. Thank you for joining in with the Butterfly Challenge. Barbxx GDT

Judy Corner said...

Very many thanks for sharing at Fussy & Fancy Friday and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

Viv's Visuals said...

Great recycling here! Lovely butterflies - perfect project! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

rachel said...

so very pretty Karen - I adore the colours - fabulous work! Hugs rachel xx

brenda said...

A beautiful creation Karen, gorgeous Butterflies and wonderfully rich colours, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

I have some Tattered Lace candy here

B x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, this is so beautiful Karen!! I love the gold florals as a background for your lovely butterflies, and the silver sentiment just glows against the reds!! Stunning! Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog, I do hope you are feeling better and back to your routine! hugs :)

Dora said...

Beautiful creation.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Jenny said...

Such a luxurious looking card, those embossed butterflies are a great pairing with the recycled background.
Thanks for joining in with our challenge this month at Seven Hills Crafts :)
Jenny x

Mrs A. said...

Oh my gosh Karen, I have the very same packaging in my stash.!! Unbelievable. ,lol. Mine had perfume in it from a well known store . Love what you have done with this . The butterflies are gorgeous. Thank you for fluttering by . Your card certainly passes the challenge and will be entered twice into the draw. Hugs Mrs A.

Miss Emerald said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

jenn shurkus said...

the red and gold combo is so pretty!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

MaryH said...

Gorgeous deep rich red, and these lovely butterflies. Love the recycle part of your card, and the design is just beautiful! TFS - Hope you have been doing well.

maria f. said...

Wonderfully dramatic!

Jo Rice said...

A very sumptuous and special Birthday card, and a great way to recycle...thanks for supporting our Fussy and fancy Challenge once again...I do love to visit your blog....Jo. X

Sasha Jundt said...

Beautiful creation! Love the butterflies - look gorgeous!
Thank you very much for sharing this beauty with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you next time too!
Sasha

Taunya Butler said...

This is beautiful!! The red and the pops of gold make this a magical, gorgeous card!!! What a wonderful job you have done!!

Ola (Ikemo) said...

Lovely card! Thank you for playing with CardMania Challenges

scrapfantazje said...

Lovely! Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge, good luck:)

Ileana A. said...

Beautiful creation! I love colours combo!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx