Sunday, 12 June 2016

A colour palette ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I am still flexing my Distress/Shabby muscles so whilst going through my stuffed wallet of backgrounds I created I found a gorgeous blue acrylic background and a pink AquaTints background which are perfect for several challenges so I took them out and started to add stamped detail and here is my card …

 
Apologies - I forgot to take a photograph of the side view.
It's not very deep, just the quilling strip so that's no interesting lol!
The lovely torn blue layers and gorgeous shades of blue, turquoise, pink and purple
The pink torn edges that I deliberately didn't ink!
I think this is one of the vest value dies I have purchased, ever lol!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Die Cut Diva’s Challenge Anything Goes


Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Use a Die plus Spectrum Noir pens/products 
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Lots of Layers: three or more
That’s Crafty Challenge In the Pink
 I am there already with the hot colours!


 Your Next Stamp Challenge #41 Colours &/or Sketch: 
I chose the colour scheme


The first layer on the card is a reject watercolour card, I was playing with my paints.  I coloured over the top with white gesso and then pale blue acrylic.  The next layer is the 300gsm white stamping card, coloured because of mop up of excess AquaTints on my craft mat.

I die cut white card three times using my Tattered Floral die and coloured each layer with the pure AquaTints.  Once dry I edged one of them with my favourite Frosted Laces Stickles and once dry I stuck them together in the centre.  I rolled up a cut piece of quilling paper and attached that to the centre of the flower and left to dry.

I grabbed one of my Rubber Dance stamp sets and my Staz On midi ink pads and stamped the empty circles all across the coloured card using the blue and red and the solid images with the purple before distressing the edges with my Tim Holtz tool – my favourite tool ever!  I played around with roughing up the edges some more and the layout and then stuck it all in position.


I am really and truly enjoying pushing my boundaries when creating cards and I think I have fallen in love with the Distress look as well as the shabby chic and not forgetting the CAS.  My lovely OH tells me I am an eclectic creator.  I call it schizophrenic, and I hope you are enjoying seeing all these experiments!   Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps: Round in Circles
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Bigz die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping card
Crafter’s Companion watercolour card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge
White acrylic paint (coloured with blue AquaTints)
Staz On IPs: Blue Hawaii; Gothic Purple; Claret
Embellishments:
Quilling fringe #
Stickles Glitter Glue: Frosted Lace
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
White gesso

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

12 comments:

Sara Barker said...

Beautiful colors and a lovely flower! I do love that die, and it is probably my most used dies, too! Gorgeous card! Hugs!

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Lovely distressed card, Karen! Love the layers and torn edges. Thank you for using my stamps and for entering the June challenge at Rubber Dance ♥
Great use of our challenge colours this month!

Cara said...

Great looking card. I think it does our souls good to get inky and grungy occasionally! Cara x

suzanne2 said...

beautiful card, your inking is stunning! I love the flower too.
thank you for joining us at creative inspirations.
Suzanne (DT(

Brenda said...

Wow, loving these colors Karen! They are so pretty and vibrant. I love the stamping and tearing you did on your papers and of course there is the big flower that I just love! You are so good at getting inky!! Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

Beautiful card karen
I love the colours xx

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic creation! Thanks for sharing it at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Arlene said...

What a creative card!

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Sammy said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

ionabunny said...

Love the distressed edges and the Round in Circle stamps make a really cool background. Beautiful flower. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Have you seen the new stamps? They are on sale. Hugz

Therese Engström said...

Wonderful card <3
Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges.
Hugs from Therese, DT

Cathie Borowski said...

I love the colour scheme you have used on your card. Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT