Thursday, 30 June 2016

A second look at the third stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  As I mentioned on yesterday’s post I used the same stamp again and used a load of snippets too and here it is …

 
Another little A6 card
When I get back home I want to play with these stamps again!
I think I need to get another word die lol!
I like this cool blue and white collage-esque card

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
As You Like It Challenge Favourite Markers or Inks or Pencils & Why: 
Spectrum Aqua pens because I can use them if I’m working in a tight space and my fingers aren’t as stained when I use them than when I use my inks 
CASology Challenge #204 Row: I stamped a row of starbursts
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Tic Tac Toe: stamp – stencil - spray
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes 
 Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Use a Die plus Spectrum Noir pens/products


I have been experimenting with collage for the last couple of months.  It’s a wonderful way to use up those snippets and I just love the look.  So after I stamped these flowers/bursts I knew that this blue and white stamped panel would look fabulous on a collage card.  I played around with my snippets to create this much more sedate but yummy card.  As much as I love bold bright colours there is something so soothing and so Scandinavian about this card that I have fallen in love with it lol!  More collage experiments will be going on for the next couple of months.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp: Hero Arts stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Winnie & Walter ‘happy’ die
Crafter’s Companion Inspiration Magazine embossing folder
Stencil:
Stamplorations gridlocked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Ink blending tool and foam; paint brushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature set
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary

Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens: clear overlay set
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape

8 comments:

Cindy Boney said...

Great card! Love the stamping!

rachel said...

A really lovely card katen. I live this stamp x

Cara said...

A great card, I love the bit of wood grain embossing. Cara x

Brenda said...

Another great card with those fabulous flowers Karen! I love the wood embossed panel at the bottom and by now you know that I love that "happy" die. lol Hugs, Brenda

Jingle said...

Very nice! The flowers are fun! Thanks for joining us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Jen W. said...

Love those HA starbursts and your card looks fabulous in all those happy blues! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Kat W said...

A very pretty design and lovely colours :-)
Thanks for playing along with us at As You Like It!
Kat x

wienerhoneymooners said...

This sure is a lovely shade of blue! I am following you too now Karen, thanks for making my day! You'd be surprised how much comments mean to me!!! I LOVE this creative community and how encouraging it is! Thanks again!!! I hope you come by now and again!!!!