Friday, 24 June 2016

A second new to me stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have awesome weekend plans.  Today’s card came about because of the background I created.  Playing with my AquaTints on a piece of A6 card and allow myself to let go again and here it is …

  
An A6 card
Lots of yummy paint, wish I could do this with acrylics!
Such a pretty stamp and I know it's going to be useful
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
As You Like It Challenge Favourite Die & Why: 
my regular visitors must be bored!  I love this word die because: it’s perfect for different occasions as well as being gender neutral!
 Creative with Stamps Challenge #3 Male/Masculine
That’s Crafty Challenge Male/Masculine
The ABC Challenge ‘J’ for just as you like
Time Out Challenge  #49 Masculine, optional Mixed Media Twist
We Love to Create Challenge #13 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes 



I am not 100% sure how or why I created this background but I love it, love, love, love it!  To my eye it looks like granite or concrete with a little lichen growing on it and I really hope I can create one like this again.  I need to allow myself just to let go more often lol!  I think I used two or maybe three of my AquaTints sets, I wasn’t paying as much attention as I should have been. 

For the background I used the grey from the Spectrum Noir Landscape set to colour a piece of damp card before adding blues and greens from the Landscape set too.  I also used the black from the Essentials set to add a little black here and there.  I was trying to create the look of stone and I think the depth, the shadow, and the lighter areas are why this background works.  The happy die cut from an AquaTints snippet and the stamped panel was an AquaTints snippet too.  I inked up the stamp with my Spectrum Aqua pen before stamping and then fussy cutting it out. 

I think it’s a nice card for a male with no fussy or sparkly details so that should make it acceptable.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp: Magenta stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Winnie & Walter happy die
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; water pot; spray water bottle

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass A4 white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Essentials; Landscape; maybe Beautifully Grunge set
Spectrum Aqua Nature set
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; funky foam

18 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

This is so lovely - looks like tiles on this card - so artistic and pretty!

sandie said...

I love how you described the background and I think you got it spot on, it does look like granite. Superb mixed media card. Thanks for joining TO

Andrea Norris said...

I've love it too it really pops :D Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
Andrea x

SARN said...

That wonderful background is great to set off the focal colours and images. Top job! xxx

Cara said...

Love that background, it's stunning and sets off the image perfectly. Cara x

Mrs A. said...

I love the background colouring and I do so like those tiny blocks.
There is a never ending permutation for this. It's a great idea. hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

Your sure do make some beautiful backgrounds with those aqua paints Karen! I am loving this background, especially when I enlarge the picture. The stamp you used is just perfect, I love silhouettes! And of course then there is that "happy" die, love it! Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

Oh I do love this Karen - it works brilliantly! Brilliant background and I love the stamps. Hugs Karen x

Brenda said...

Your background is gorgeous and you card very elegant. Thanks so much for joining us at A You Like It Challenge this week!

Lilian YF said...

It is gorgeous!!! It looks like a painting! I would totally hang it on my wall!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

laurie said...

This does look like a painting! What an awesome technique.Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Squirrel x said...

Such a super card, and a great use of your favourite die! Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI for this challenge. Hugs xx

Katy said...

This is so pretty! You did a fantastic job with this card. I love the stamp and the happy! :) Big hugs! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative with Stamps! :)

Anita in France said...

Such a cool background, Karen ... fabulous sense of texture and dimension ... those fabulous 'tiles' pop beautifully against it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

MaryV said...

This is a gorgeous card, Karen! Love the background! Thank you so much for joining us at CWS Challenge this month for our masculine theme.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Mojca said...

what a gorgeous card! thank you for joining us at As you Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Julie B said...

Great use of the happy die and a fab background.
Thanks for sharing at HLS. :0)

Katarzyna Ewa said...

Love the simplicity of this card.
Hopely I can try all these techniques soon.
Katarina Ewa

my blog

DT cfartyenjoyments.co.uk 

DT House of Cards Challenge blog