Tuesday, 28 June 2016

A third new to me Hero Arts stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have been playing with another of the gorgeous stamps that I was lucky enough to win from the lovely Brenda and here is the first card I’ve created using it …

 
An A6 card
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Use a Die plus Spectrum Noir pens/products


  Virginia’s View Challenge  #22 All About Colours


This card was created with mainly Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Aqua products and it was such fun to create lol!  I have another card I created using the same stamp which I will share with you on the next post.  I created a mini landscape, sky and grass, using my Perfectly Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTints onto a piece of Sheena Douglass A4 white stamping card and left to dry.  Once dry I coloured the stamp with my Spectrum Aqua pens and stamped the flowers three or four times before lightly spraying with water so that they would diffuse a little.  I then used the Beautifully Grunge AquaTints to change white card to purple and I sprayed that too because it creates a lovely distressed look.  I coloured white card with my AquaTints before using my Die’sire flower die.  Some lovely roughened edges and I was happy!

On a more personal note we just got back from seeing my family and meeting our niece.  Oh my goodness she is so petite and I have fallen deeply in love with her!  Such a beautiful little girl, only about four weeks old; and I can’t wait to see her once again.  My back is in more of a state than it already was but it was so good to see my mum looking well and meeting our precious new family member.  I think I am going to be a naughty auntie as far as my brother and his partner are concerned lol!  I am going to spoil her and any other, hopefully, little ones that come along.

I feel deep sorrow because of the Brexit vote and how it is negatively affecting our country already.  I have a hunch that this is not going to end well for any of us and could end up with a lot of people being mentally and physically hurt.  We have heard many stories of friends no longer being friends because of the way they voted.  We have heard worse stories of racist comments and physical racist attacks that are affecting many right now.  I promise not to un-friend anyone who voted to remain that is your choice and I made my decision to remain.  Lets hope that there is no more racism and a complete end to this rotten nastiness now.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Hero ArtsK5585 Starbursts wooden stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafter’s Companion Die’sire flower die (Crafter’s Companion Inspiration magazine)
Miscellaneous Tools:
Tonic Distressing Tool; paint brushes & pipettes from AquaTints; spray water bottle; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper: Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge & Perfectly Primary
Spectrum Aqua pens: Floral set
Embellishments:
The Works: large half pearl
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; funky foam

12 comments:

Di said...

Oh this is beautiful Karen! What a great stamp and you used such pretty colours too. Love the distressing, a great touch.

Hugs

Di xx

Shawna Standish said...

I have this stamp and love what you did with it.. This card is so inspirational that I am going to have to dust mine off and use it... Thanks for the awesome creative card Karen..

Christiana said...

Very pretty patriotic looking card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Taunya Butler said...

What a beautiful card, love the bursting colors, so amazing!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW how beautifully you have used the inks and stamps...stunning my friend

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Samantha Casey said...

Beautiful technique! I really love the background and the dimensional flowers really pop! Thank you so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Lynnette said...

Very pretty card, thanks for playing with the Lawnscaping challenge

Cara said...

Lovely card, hope your back calms down soon. Cara x

rachel said...

what a gorgeous make Karen - you've used that stamp beautifully - I love this. Gorgeous colours too. I echo your sentiments about brexit - I too wish to remain and feel saddened by some of the stories I have heard. Big hugs Rachel x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful and fun card Karen! I love the nice bright colors and I am loving that stamp. Hugs, Brenda

Suzanne Bier said...

What a lovely watercolor effect you created on your card! Thanks for joining the Distress Maniacs challenge at Lawnscaping Challenges!

Katarzyna Ewa said...

I love your watercolour cards,
but this background just flow like a meadow.
Love it. Beautiful summer card.
Katarina Ewa

my blog

DT cfartyenjoyments.co.uk 

DT House of Cards Challenge blog