Wednesday, 29 June 2016

A very old stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’ve enjoyed and had fun using some of my really old stamps with newer mediums.  I’ve created mainly floral cards which I hope won’t continue next month, lol, as I do not want to bore you at all.  Anyways I have a card to share with you today and here it is …

 
A cute little A6 card
I think this is my fourth favourite card this month: do you do that?  Or am I a complete nut lol!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Deep Ocean Challenge Colours of Summer
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge  Say It With Flowers
Noor Design UK Challenge Summer is Coming
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Tic Tac Toe: stamp-stencil-spray
 Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Use a Die plus Spectrum Noir pens/products 

 Virginia’s View Challenge  #22 All About Colours  


I have a folder of AquaTints backgrounds ready and waiting to be used and the background as well as the lacy border are from that folder – it’s good to use them!  I mentioned in my last post that this has been all about flower stamps for me lol! 

Getting the Spectrum Aqua pens has meant that a lot of my old stamps are once again useful.  I have been able to ink up the flowers in two colours, the branch in brown and a little green for the moss you find on the older cherry blossom trees.  Once I had stamped the image a few times I heat set the flowers to make sure they were dry and very gently went in with my Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTints to colour the sky and I have fallen in love with this stamp all over again – that’s why I love my stamps because I have good designs and newer mediums make those older stamps modern again: thank you Spectrum Noir!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Dee Gruenig Sunday International EZ Mount stamps: Cherry Blossom
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Crafters Companion Die’sire flower die
Stencil: Tim Holtz layering stencil: lace
Miscellaneous Tools:
Martha Stewart border punch; paintbrushes; water pot; heat tool

Supplies
Card Paper: Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: Floral set
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary set
Embellishments: The Works: half pearl
Adhesives/Mediums:
White gesso; Washi tape; Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stamp min. 18 years old

10 comments:

Monica Maier said...

I love the flowery background and the embellished flower is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's

Arlene said...

How lovely.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

SARN said...

Very pretty background and I love the use of the big bold flower focal point. It really draws the eye. xxx

rachel said...

very very pretty - I adore this - beautiful work Karen xx

Brenda said...

Oh Karen, this is a beautiful card. I almost has an oriental feel to it. I love the branch and flowers stamps and I love, love the beautiful big bloom. Hugs, Brenda

Taunya Butler said...

This card is really very lovely - those inked flowers are so pretty!! Great colors and awesome details make it really special!!

Cara said...

A stunning floral card, just so pretty. Cara x

Gayatri said...

Love the soft and delicate cherry blossoms. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says stamp Anything Goes Challenge
Gayatri xx

Macarena said...

The stamp is absolutely pretty! I love the coloring! Thank you for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hugs, Marzena

Amy Seigler said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and flower embellishment. Thanks for playing with us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!