Wednesday, 22 June 2016

An old stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well happy hump day to you all!  I have a card to share with you today and here it is …

 
 A 5" x 7" card - love the colours!
It felt great to use an old stamp with modern supplies!
Lovely shimmer on this flower and it looks more pink/red in the photo but it isn't it's purple
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #368 How Does Your Garden Grow
As You Like It Challenge Favourite Die & Why: I love this word die because: it’s perfect for different occasions as well as being gender neutral!
Dare 2 B Artzy Challenge Bling: loads of shimmer from the Perfect Pearls & Stickles
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #112 Beautiful Blooms
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge #166 Say It With Flowers 
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #35 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge use patterned paper 
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Use a Die plus Spectrum Noir pens/products


Whilst I was putting some flower stamps away I noticed my lovely old Penny Black brushstrokes flower stamp.  Because I hadn’t used this stamp with my Spectrum Aqua pens I thought it was a good idea to play lol!  As I was looking at my table I saw the patterned paper snippet, created by me snippets and a rejected background snippet as well as the flower and I thought I might as well have a little play.  I inked up the stamp and stamped four of them across a piece of white card and then sprayed them lightly with water.  I created a Perfect Pearls wash and added a little to each of the flower heads.  I dried the panel then I stamped two more of the flowers with no water or Perfect Pearls added to them as I wanted them to be in focus.  I cut this panel to size then took my distress tool to the edges. 

I die cut the ‘happy’ from AquaTints coloured card that had heat embossing detail added to it through one of my Tim Holtz stencils.  I attached the die cut to the stamped panel once dry.  I created AquaTints and Perfect Pearls wash which I used to colour the flower with and left it to dry.  I roughened up the edge of a snippet of DP paper and attached it halfway across the card lilac card.  I then attached the stamped panel to the card using funky foam and double sided tape.  I squashed the flower then added a pearl to the centre and went around the outside of the pearl with Stickles glitter glue.  

Several snippets used up, an old stamp updated because of the new pens and a couple of old stash items used too which makes me a happy woman!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Penny Black Brushstrokes stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Winnie & Walter ‘happy’ die
Stencil: Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Woodgrain
Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; water spray bottle

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
K&Co paper courtesy of Country View Crafts candy
Pearlescent lavender card #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua Floral set & Nature pen sets
Perfect Pearls pigment powders: Interference Violet
Cosmic Shimmer EP: black #
Embellishments:
Stickles glitter glue: purple #
The Works: half white pearl
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; Washi Tape; Double sided tape; funky foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 4 years old

20 comments:

Craftychris said...

So pretty! Gorgeous colours and love the distressed edges too! xxx

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card. Purple is so hard to photograph. I love getting out old stamps and stash and doing soething different. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Mervi said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts and
Penny Black and more;-))m

rachel said...

lovely - I adore this! Hugs rachel x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Taunya Butler said...

I think this card is so super lovely and the distressed edges add such a charm to it!!! Happy day to you!!

Jo said...

That's beautiful Karen, love the colours & the distressed edges. I think happy is the perfect word for it.....definitely makes me happy! Hope you're well & having a good week.
hugs Jo x

SARN said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL xxx

Di said...

Love this Karen! how well the flowers look with the newish 'happy'. Just shows that combining stuff can work so well - great colours too!

Hugs

Di xx

Cara said...

A lovely card. Cara x

brenda said...

A lovely floral inspired creation Karen and perfect for our themes, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts, Penny Black and More and FSC challenges.

B x

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love the colors too and I love those flowers and that big flowers. Can you tell I love flowers?!! lol Hugs, Brenda

Beth Brovold said...

Oh my this is beautiful Karen!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy...good luck!
Take care,
Beth

linda said...

beautiful karen! i love the colouring of the flowers and the big bold sentiment! thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more!
linda

Macarena said...

Lovely stamping and watercoloring. I love the purple with its shades and the dark green. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Marzena

Cindy Sartain said...

What a beautiful card and I am so happy you entered it in the Dare 2B Artzy "Bling" Challenge!

susiestacey said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, love the stamping and the colours, just perfect.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More ' Flower Power' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Samantha said...

Great creation so different too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Yvonne Garner said...

A classic stamp never goes out of style! Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.

Esther said...

Another beautiful card Karen, perfect technique for that stamp, thanks for joining us at FSC again...Esther xx