Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Another Hero Arts stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  This is another stamp that I was lucky enough to win from Brenda.  It’s another Hero Arts stamp and I know I used this one last year lol!  It’s a lovely gorgeous stamp perfect for CAS or messy and as I am still having a thing for thick vellum/parchment and it was fun to make another one of this style and here it is …

  
An A6 little card
This is the back of the card - I added a snippet to hide the double sided tape
I love this overlay look!
This is the inside, I have propped the overlay open
I am going to have to get another word die!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 AAA Cards Challenge #66 Watercolours

Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Use a Die plus Spectrum Noir pens/products
 I am in summer flower mode!


The sentiment was die cut from another watercolour painted reject, the flowers were stamped with my Spectrum Aqua pens and the little card in the middle is a snippet that was left over from another project.  It didn’t take me long to create and it felt good to use that snippet of card immediately, yes I know I am sad but I love using snippets and rejects lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
H4464 Two Flourish Flowers (front)
G4916 Elegant Flowers (inside back)
Dee Gruenig Sunday International EZ Mount stamps: cherry blossom branch
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter
Winnie & Walter ‘happy’ die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass A4 white stamping card
Parchment #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua Floral & Nature pen sets
Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints
Sakura sparkle pen was used to add a little shimmer to the middle of the stamped flowers
Adhesives/Mediums:
Crafter’s Companion double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


11 comments:

Sara Barker said...

Beautiful, Karen! and there's nothing wrong with "happy"! Love the water color look on that, and the overlay really makes those blossoms so dreamy! Hugs!

brenda said...

Super creations Karen and pleased the stamps are coming in useful, apols for the lack of visits but having a relapse and typing is a challenge.

B x

Jane said...

Fabulous effect with the die cut watercoloured happy against the the smoky look of the overlay. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic creation! Thanks for sharing it at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Di said...

Really super card Karen - love how you covered up the DST at the back, clever idea! Gorgeous stamping and that die is wonderful, so useful for loads of occasions. You could mix it with many stamped word such as Birthday, Retirement, Anniversary - the list goes on! The Winne and Walter 'Friend' die is very similar too!

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

I love this card Karen. Works beautifully xxx

rachel said...

a great word Karen and a fabulous card - he overlay look is very effective! Hugs rachel x

Brenda said...

Oh I am loving this look Karen! The heavy vellum gives a subtle look of the beautiful stamping. The happy, well I just love the splatters and watercolor in it! I love your card! Hugs, Brenda

Cara said...

A very effective and unusual card. Cara x

Justine Hovey said...

Beautiful card from what I can see, it would be great to see it up close or in natural light! Thanks for playing along at the AAA Card Challenge :) ~Justine

Betty Keefe said...

WOW - what a gorgeous card - the inside is just as pretty as the outside!! thanks for joining A Blog Named Hero challenge this month - and good luck!!!