Wednesday, 1 June 2016

House of Cards June & A Blog Hop ...



Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well and I wish you all a great hump day too!  It’s the end of term at House of Cards Challenge and that means there will be a blog hop as well as a challenge: yay J!!! 

The hop and challenge run from June 1st through to June 15th, I have rounded it up a little so that I can tell you it will run roughly from 12.00 pm UK time: that is 6.00 am CST for you lovely Americans.  Being a blog hop means that there are prizes too – lots of lovely prizes!  Go over to House of Cards to see the complete details but I am tempting you a little by mentioning Great Impressions, Reverse Confetti, MHK Designs and A Day for Daisies: whoop whoop!!!  Make sure you go over to House of Cards to get hoppin'!  Don't forget to link up a project with us after completing the hop for an extra chance to win a mystery prize from one of our fabulous sponsors too.

I am very happy to say I am staying a part of the Design Team at House of Cards and I want to send out huge thanks to Mynn and Sue for that: I truly appreciate being part of such a very talented Design Team.  They are blooming lovely too.  Along with the hop we have our usual challenge and the challenge this time is to be inspired by this fabulous party photograph …



I have multiple cards to share with you today and and here is my first card which I created using stamps and a stencil set from Great Impressions …

Luckily for me this also means I can enter the following challenges


I stamped the super cute cat image onto Sheena Douglass card and coloured him and his balloons with my Spectrum Aqua pens.  I created a sky and the grass and stamped the cat into the sky.  I used the white gesso to create clouds and decoupaged my cat image.  I created a white gesso and pink acrylic background for the card and decided to add more details by stamping the lid, love that!  I used a shaped piece of designer paper to layer onto the card.

Here is my second card which I created using an image from MHK Designs …

Luckily for me this also means I can enter the following challenges
Allsorts Challenge #365 Pink
Crafty Boots Challenge Butterflies &/or Bees


 MHK Designs Challenge Mynn, our fearless leader at HOC has told me to link this to the current challenge at MHK Designs: yay! 

Pixie’s Snippets Playground #231: the mats on the sentiment


I have a set of MHK Designs images which I used on the second card but the papers I have don’t go with the challenge graphic so I created my own background papers using acrylic paints.  After printing the butterflies I coloured them using my Spectrum Aqua pens by scribbling them onto acetate.  I added details to the butterflies using the Spectrum Aqua pens too.  I created a watercolour background with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints and added more details with splatters of ink.  I have to admit a couple of days after I had finished the card I went into my workroom and for the life of me could not figure out where the image had come from as it was so big, a momentary lapse, and then I reminded it was one of Mynn’s images.  I was racking my brain trying to remember what stamps I had used!  DOH moment and then some!

Here is my third card which I created with an image from A Day for Daisies …

Luckily for me this also means I can enter the following challenges
I added rosehips to the image


I kept my Day for Daisies card a lot simpler by printing the image and colouring it with the Spectrum Aqua pens.  I added shimmer to the image by creating a white pearl watercolour wash and added that to the bride’s dress and veil.  Once it was dry I added detail by using the Spectrum Aqua pens direct to the image.  I cut the heads off the roses and adhered them in position and added some Stickles to the top of the roses.  I used one of the lovely sheets of paper I won from Country View Crafts last year.

I kept my Day for Daisies card a lot simpler by printing the image and colouring it with the Spectrum Aqua pens.  I added shimmer to the image by creating a white pearl watercolour wash and added that to the bride’s dress and veil.  Once it was dry I added detail by using the Spectrum Aqua pens direct to the image.  I cut the heads off the roses and adhered them in position and added some Stickles to the top of the roses.  I used one of the lovely sheets of paper I won from Country View Crafts last year.

I worked pretty hard on all of these cards and I am happy with the end result, especially with the colouring, for a change.  I hope you all like them too!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Card 1: Great Impressions stamps: --- and You’re Fabulous sentiment stamp
Card 2: MHK Designs: Butterfly Wisdom digital image
Card 3: A Day for Daisies: I Do digital image
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Card 1: Cuttlebug; Spellbinders Large Classic Circles die set
Stencil:
Card 1: Great Impressions stamps: Cloud stencil kit
Miscellaneous Tools:
Computer & printer; paintbrushes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Card’s 1 & 3: 300 gsm card was used to create the card bases
Card’s 1 & 2: backgrounds I created using Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
Card’s 2 & 3: pink textured card from my stash #
K & Co. paper
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card (all three cards were stamped or printed onto this)

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ink Pads: Versafine black; Memento pink
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials; Primary
Spectrum Aqua pens
Pebeo matt acrylic paint: pink; red; yellow
The Works: white gesso
Cosmic Shimmer: white pearl watercolour paint
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: pink rose
Stickles: pink
Ribbon from my stash
EBay sequins
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old
  

36 comments:

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

All of your cards are awesome but I LOVE your wedding card! So beautiful!

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely, these are three awesome cards, I love them all. The last one is seriously beautiful. So pleased you are staying on the dt, they are lucky to have you :)
Sending hugs xxx

Katy said...

WoooooooW!!! First you have been busy! These are all so wonderful! I love the cat in the first one! And the butterflies! I love how you have them placed. And lastly-the image for A Day for Daisies--I am amazed. That looks like a watercolor painting. And I love how you added the flowers! Just gorgeous! :) -Hugs Katy HOC DT

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oh my Karen, three fabulous cards for the price of one. I love the added dimension - especially the flowers on the wedding card. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

rachel said...

three wonderful makes Karen - I adore them all - but especially the butterflies one! Hugs rachel x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy X

Merethe Arstein said...

Nice bunch of cards for this hop.
(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Jerrie said...

All I can say is...they are all beautiful with pink! You have a fab collection~

aussie aNNie said...

Such a lovely creation here and thanks for sharing in our current IN THE PINK challenge. Hope you join us again next week..xx
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

MHK Designs said...

These are all so lovely, Karen! I adore the fabulous scene you created on the first--the texture in the clouds is so fun! The MHKDesigns card is just beautiful with all the colors, and the ADFD card is wonderfully colored! Thank you SO MUCH for all you've done this past term at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

PS: Please link up your MHKDesigns card in the MHKDesigns challenge if you get a chance! :)

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - three cards - love the butterfly card - but I am a butterfly lover anyway but the coloring is amazing.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Wonderful cards! The water coloring looks fabulous. I love butterflies, but the wedding card is stunning.

Dotty Jo x said...

Great cards, hun! Glad to read you'll be staying with HOC. I'm so sad to be saying goodbye to you and all my HOC buddies, it's been a pleasure and a privilege creating with you guys. Big hugs, Jo x

Em Louise Fairley said...

WOW Karen! All of them are absolutely beautiful! I love them. It's such an honor working with you at HOC.
Hugs,
Em xxx

Michele Henderson said...

All of your cards are so pretty! I love your ideas and your beautiful colors too!
take care!
Michele

Stir Your Creativity said...

Fabulous cards Karen. I liked the wedding card the most

Em Louise Fairley said...

Wow, hon. You've left me speechless with your comment and that doesn't happen often LOL. I adore you too.
Hugs,
Em xxx

Di said...

Wonderful cards Karen - I love them all. The snippets one is brilliant - but I have to admit that the Wedding one is totally awesome!

Hugs

Di xx

Cara said...

I can't pick a favourite, they're all wonderful. Cara x

Asha said...

Oh wow! What a stunning card, Karen. Thank you so much for playing along with MHKD and we hope to see more lovely projects from you.
x Asha

brenda said...

Lovely creations and perfect for our 'Pink' theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

B x

Mary Holshouser said...

I hope kitty doesn't blow too far away.
The bride and groom are wonderful
Love the butterflies.
thanks for sharing.

Julie Odil said...

Fantastic cards here. That last one is truly beautiful!

Lisette Baker said...

Fabulous cards but those butterflies are so pretty, it has to be my favourite but then that cute cat drifting off on the balloons is stealing my heart. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

María Pilar said...

Beautiful projects. Your cards are beautiful all of them

Rocky said...

Hi there teamie, your card is gorgeous for MHK and pretty in pink! Thank you for linking it up with us at MHK and good luck.

Gloria Lee said...

These cards are so beautiful!
Love your coloring!

Pink Unicorn said...

Gorgeous cards, I particularly like the stunning watercolouring on the last one, it's truly a work of art!!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards with great details! Love that cute kitty with the balloons and the lovely butterflies! Lovely image for your 3rd card and pretty detail with the flowers!

Susan Renshaw said...

What a great set of cards!
Fabulous makes for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Donna said...

What gorgeous cards, stunning creations! Donna HOC teammate

Emily Dee said...

Oh my...these are all so beautiful! I really love the butterflies and the watercolor background you did for the sentiment, it's a great touch!

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous cards - each one is so amazingly done - the coloring, the colors, the details, and the beautiful embellishments!! WOW - you did so good!!

Shawna Standish said...

hola Karen!!
I am writing for MHKDesigns but I am also writing as your teamie!! These card are so awesome.. I know I may be partial but the butterfly card is probably my fav because of the colors, composition, and your crafty diy background!! WOW!! I love it and I want to thank you for being so creative and sharing your art with us at MHKDesigns. See you at HOC my friend!!
Cyber Hugs,
shawna DT

Tamara said...

Awesome cards!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Noor! Design UK challenge! xoxo t.

Karina said...

Hi Karen, your cards are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Noor! Design UK challenges. We wish you luck and hope to see you playing along again with our new challenge.
Karina
DT Noor! Design UK