Tuesday, 7 June 2016

New to me stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I got to spend some time playing over the weekend, yay, and for today’s card I used one of the lovely stamps I was lucky enough to receive from the lovely Brenda, thank you so much hun,
and here it is …

  
An A6 card, good to post too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 AAA Cards Challenge #66 Watercolours
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Use a Die plus Spectrum Noir pens/products


I adore this Hero Arts flower stamp and have used it before but this time I made it the star of the show by multiple stamping.  I was very lucky to win one of Brenda’s recycling stamp candies and I can now get to those stamps so you will be seeing them a bit over the next couple of months – there are a lot of stamps to use, so many many thanks Brenda they’re gorgeous and flower stamps are my favourite.

I also used some patterned paper that my lovely friend Helen bought for me for either birthday or Christmas a couple of years ago (thank you Helen).  They are snippets from that pad as well as vellum snippets, they were leftovers from other cards some of which I still have to share.

I love colouring this type of image with my lovely Spectrum Aqua pens because they make it so easy to use this style of stamp because I colour each part of the stamp separately using the palest colour first before stamping it.  I had some rejected card experiments where I started out playing with my Aqua pens and my AquaTints that were really ugly and I was going to bin them.  Then I remembered from the last time that I was going to bin ugly made by me card that it can sometimes look really good once die cut and happily I now have good sized piles of die cut flowers and sentiments and they will keep me going for a while lol!  I don’t start out trying to stretch my materials it just seems to happen naturally.  I die cut the ugly coloured card using my Winnie & Walter ‘happy’ die and added it to a vellum snippet which I made a little snazzier by using a Martha Stewart border punch.  Not bad for rejects and snippets hey?!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Hero Arts G4916 Elegant Flower (wood mounted so not sure if still available)
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Winnie & Walter Happy die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
Snippet parchment
Snippets Craftwork Cards paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua Floral pen set: rose pink & bud green
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge
Embellishments:
EBay sequins
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

18 comments:

Betty Keefe said...

WOW - wonderful card Karen - love how the vellum sets off your sentiment so well - great colors too!! thanks for joining us on A Blog Named Hero - and good luck!!

brenda said...

A very quick peek at your latest creation Karen as trying to get ahead of the workmen and no internet today. Pleased to see those stamps have come in useful.

B x

Brenda Brown said...

Such a pretty summery card Karen, love the colours you used. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a lovely comment. xxx

SARN said...

. . . .and a very happy card it looks too! Lovely work Karen. xxx

Barb said...

That's very pretty. Barbxx

Cara said...

What a fab card, love the way the sentiment pops! Cara x

Mrs A. said...

So pretty. . Love this flower design and colours you have used.,hugs Mrs A,

Di said...

Great snippets card Karen - I do so love that die too!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well done using that wonderful NBUS, Karen! Your card is so very lovely!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

What a neat flower stamp Karen, and your card is so pretty! The flowers going across the page like that really look good. I love the border and the "happy" die in the center. Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

wonderful work Karen - fabulous xx

Sara Barker said...

Lovely card, Karen! And I'm surprised to hear Happy was cut from "ugly" paper. I think it steals the show! Truly beautiful! Hugs!

Jane said...

Well your ugly card cetainly has developed into a swan with the die cuts! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Cindy C. said...

It turned out so beautifully!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's.

Arlene said...

What a wonderful "happy" card!

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Melissa L. said...

Lovely card, Karen. Beautiful flowers, great design. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Taunya Butler said...

This is a lovely card - love the flowers and that piece of pretty vellum behind your sentiment looks awesome!! what a great job you have done on this card!! Have a wonderful day!!

Cathie Borowski said...

I love how all the elements of this card come together, it looks fantastic. Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT