Monday, 20 June 2016

Pink layers ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week will be good.  I wanted to apologise up front for the lack of visits from me.  It’s the usual issue with my fibro, RA and back all going at once.  Sadly I can’t manage to blog or visit much because of the discomfort and pain.  Hopefully it will all settle again soon.  Anyways back to business and I’ve a card to share with you today and here it is …

   
The stamped panel, the patterned papers and the embellishments required an A5 card!
Lots of lovely lush layers, lots of pink with the brown just works!
Those lovely flowers
This sentiment is going to get used a lot!
 Lots of lovely die cut details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #368 How Does Your Garden Grow
Craft Stamper Challenge Let’s Get Inky
Die Cut Diva’s Challenge Anything Goes
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #112 Beautiful Blooms
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Use a Die plus Spectrum Noir pens/products


You know I love shabby/distressed cards and I’m very grateful to Pamellia, Nikki, Autumn and Sara for cheering me on and for teaching me so much about this style. 

When I started out I knew I wanted to create a shabby style card, mainly pink, use lots of embellishments, as well as incorporating my Tim Holtz flower stamp set and Spectrum Aqua pens.  Once I stamped and water coloured these flowers I put the card to one side to dry.  I used very old pink card which I knew I wanted to cover because it’s fuchsia pink.  Then I started playing around with gorgeous papers and gorgeous die cuts that are a gift from my lovely friend Helen.  I cut the pink card and papers to size and used my Tim Holtz distress tool which has become one of my favourite tools without me realising it lol! 

I tried to distress edges with scissors but there was some blood involved and that was why OH purchased this tool along with needed supplies which were my Christmas presents last year.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz: Flower Garden stamp set
Great Impressions: You’re Fabulous stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Spellbinders large Classic Circle die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Tim Holtz Distress Tool; paint brushes; water pot; quilling tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping card
Pink card #
Craftwork Cards 8” square paper stack #
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua Floral pen set: rose pink & bud green
Spectrum Noir AquaTints
Memento dew drop IP: rose bud
The Works: white gesso
Embellishments:
EBay: sequins
Craftwork Cards: flowers die cuts #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

17 comments:

Terri Winske said...

A beautiful card, indeed! I love the softness of the pinks and the many layers that add such dimension. Thank you for sharing your talents at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely display for our current challenge of "how does your garden grow", lovely colours and thanks for sharing...
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Linby said...

I'm sorry to read you are having health issues, I'm sure all your friends would rather you concentrate on crafting and comment when you can. This is such a beautiful card. I have this stamp set and you've inspired me to use it in a different way as I love what you've done. Pinning it for future reference.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is so beautiful Karen and is absolutely perfect for this month's 'Beautiful Blooms' challenge. You can really see just how much work you've put into it and the colours that you've used are fabulous. I also love the wide variety of flowers that you've used, both stamped and with die cuts that really give your card such great dimension, I love it! I'm sorry to hear that you've not been feeling too good recently and I hope that things improve for you really soon. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Sandra X

SARN said...

OOH! LOVE THIS Karen. Top marks Honey. xxx

Michelle N. said...

I have a hard time with Shabby Chic, but you nailed it with this gorgeous card! Love the luscious flowers-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's!

brenda said...

A super floral creation Karen, many thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping, Penny Black and More and Allsorts Challenges.

B x

brenda said...

I should have added an apology for the lack of visits Karen, like you not too good as having an MS relapse and typing a nightmare.

B x

rachel said...

Such a pretty card karen. It really is beautiful. Sorry to hear the pain is worse at present. Hope it settles soon. Hugs rachel x

Brenda said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card Karen! I love the distressing on the edges. The colors are beautiful, love the 3D flowers and love the stamped ones! I hope your flare gets over soon. I've been flaring with my RA and Fibro as well, I blame it on our wacky weather. Hugs, Brenda

Almo said...

I am not a Pink girl Karen but I Love your shabby chic card. You have some lovely watercolor flowers going on here complimented by pretty die-cut dies and embellishments. I am so pleased to here you have the right distressing tool now, scissors hurt! Mo x

Arlene said...

Beautifully done. It has an old-fashioned feel with wonderful colors. Beautifully done.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Ellibelle said...

A very pretty card, great details. Love the flower panel! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

Cara said...

Beautiful card. I hope your health improves soon, rest up. Cara x

Craftnut said...

Great card for my theme at allsorts Tracy X

Yvonne Garner said...

Your card is simply stunning. Love the painterly background and how you colorized those flowers! Thank you for joining us at FSC! Best, Yvonne

Esther said...

Sorry to hear you've been poorly but glad you've been able to craft and create this beautiful card, love the pink and brown colour scheme...thanks so much for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges...Esther xx