Wednesday, 27 July 2016

A summers day ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Another card to share with you today and I have to say that this would not have been created if I didn’t own a MISTI.  It has made my stamping much quicker and less painful, lol, and here it is …
 
An A5 card and it has a bit of depth
That gorgeous scene
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Die Cut Diva’s Challenge Glitter: the flowers and the embossing powder have glitter
 Pixie’s Snippets Playground #239 the flowers
there is texture paste on the flowers and on the main panel
The Artistic Stamper Challenge July All Things Bright & Beautiful
The Corrosive Challenge #7 July Nature/Animals
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #255 Extended Summer Challenge


A lot of Spectrum Noir AquaTints were used on this card.  I created a pale sky and grass scene just by painting with a weak wash.  I used ink pads if I had the right colour or an AquaTints mixed with glycerine if I didn’t, this was a really organic process and I didn’t think to note down which colours or which colour blends I used, lol, it happens to me when I am really just letting loose and enjoying the creating.  Once the ink and AquaTints stamping was done I left it to dry before stamping and embossing the chairs and table.  The larger flowers were all created from snippets of left over mixed media papers I had created and coloured.  I also added some rather small Craftwork Cards flowers to the middle of my die cut flowers.  I used some Kraft and another background I had created and distressed all of those layers before gluing or attaching them onto fun foam.
Basically I had a ball creating this one and I am hoping that now I have a MISTI I will be able to get back to creating landscapes more often.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Scenic A5 Silhouette: Garden & Grasses stamp sets
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug
Crafter’s Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 6
Stencil:
Stamplorations Stencil: Gridlocked
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Crafter’s Companion: Kraft card; Sheena Douglass stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary; Beautiful grunge
Adirondack Ink Pads: no idea of the colours I used, sorry!
WOW glitter EP: black
Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards miniature flowers #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Glycerine; Maimeri Glossy Gel;  Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS very old stash, may be five plus years old

11 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

Love the dreamy scene that you created! The flower elements are lovely! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Fabulous colors and design. Well done! Happy to see that you linked it up to Virginia's View challenge!

SARN said...

Beautiful work Karen. Your MISTI is your new craft friend I see! Well worth the investment.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Beautiful scene Karen and like you, I wouldn't be without my Misti now! Love the garden furniture stamps you used too!

Hugs

Di xx

Maura Hibbitts said...

Karen, you have created a gorgeous scene! It makes me want to relax in the garden, or have tea time! What a great stamping job you've done with the MISTI, I definitely have to look into that tool! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp! maura

rachel said...

pretty make Karen - wish we had the weather to sit at that table xx

Rene said...

Awesome creation! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Thordis said...

Beautiful scene you have created! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :)

Cara said...

This is beautiful, pleased to hear that the misti helps you. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin. Cara DT x

Debs Smith said...

Lovely card, Thank you for entering the artistic stamper challenge - Debs DT

Cathie Borowski said...

I love how all the elements come together on your card, just gorgeous. Thank you for joining the Diecut Divas Make it Glitter Challenge. Cathie DT

Rae Ann said...

Love the watercolor look you created with this! It has so much depth and I love the CAS feel of the picture you created.

Thank you for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for our Animals/Nature challenge.