Sunday, 10 July 2016

Blooming summer flowers ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I have another card to share with you today and here it is …
   
  
A6 tent fold and good to post
Unusually I am happy with the background and the foreground!
More Grunge paper die cuts used: yay!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #201 Anything Goes
Craft Stamper Challenge Take It Make
Deep Ocean Challenge Colours of Summer
Mod Squad Challenge Lazy Days of Summer: bright blue skies & fluffy white clouds, children with soft toys and balloons is what I remember from lazy days of summer
The Artistic Stamper Challenge July All Things Bright & Beautiful

 Virginia’s View Challenge #22 All About Colours 


I had several snippets of stamping card, coloured paper and Grunge paper left over from another couple of projects so I decided to create a summer meadow using those pieces and my Spectrum Aqua pens, Spectrum Noir AquaTints and my old Pebeo acrylic paints.  The base card is a lovely shade of pink and because of that I kept the card quite clean and simple – just a few coloured die cuts to embellish the card with at the end.  I recently found a bag of die cut Grunge paper flowers in my stash that I had forgotten about, lol, they must be two/three years or more old by now.  I die cut them when I used to run the local card club, we bought our dies, die cutting machines and surfaces to cut using each persons dies – I cut a few flowers, put them in a bag and put them somewhere safe – famous last words lol!  Anyways I recently relocated them and painted them with acrylic paints to use on my projects.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Dee Gruenig Sunday International EZ Mount stamp **
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter; Whimsy die set; Spellbinders flower die (thank you Helen!)
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Tim Holtz Grunge paper
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card
Hunkydory scorable card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary
Spectrum Aqua pens: floral set                                 
Pebeo acrylic paints
Embellishments:
Stickles glitter glue: pink
Pink brad from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
The Works: white gesso


** very old stamp, at least 15 years old, and this brand is no longer around

19 comments:

rachel said...

absolutely adore the background Karen - its fabulous and th grungepaper flower is lovely too xx

cuilliesocks said...

Just gorgeous Karen, lovely bright colours and blooms, love it Kate x

Carol said...

This is beautiful Karen, that background is gorgeous. Glad your candy arrived safely, hope you enjoy using it. Carol x

Monika Reeck said...

that background flowers is adorable Karen
and the big flower in front of completed it
wonderfully made
many thanks for joining us at ATSM this week
hugs
Monika

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Fabulous background for your fab grunge paper flower! xxx

SARN said...

Very pretty indeed. xxx

creationsnz said...

A wonderful wildflower background Karen and nice bit of twinkle. So glad you joined the Die Cut Divas, CarolG & DT

Cindy Horvath said...

Lovely card..Thanks for playing along with Mod Squad Challenges this week.

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, I am so loving this card! Your "field" of flowers are just gorgeous, loving that stamp. I also love all the bright, summery colors and the bold flowers in the right hand corner. Well done my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Cara said...

Great card, love the background and how fab that you rediscovered those flowers, they look perfect to finish it off. Cara c

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

This is such a beautiful card! thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper
WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps and hope to see you again over at The Artistic Stamper !

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! FABULOUS!

Paru Mahtani said...

Such pretty flowers!! Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges
Please add the challenge logo to your sidebar and the story board to your blogpost so that others may find us too!

Ellie Knol said...

Thanks for joining in the Craft Stamper's TIMI challenge, LOVE your entry!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Arlene said...

The background is haunting, so lovely. Beautiful card, to be sure.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

butterfly said...

Love the gorgeous floral stamping - and the layered flower looks great in the foreground. Thanks for your lovely visit - I've been falling so behind - hopelessly busy, but all in a good way, so I can't really complain!
Alison x

Linda said...

This looks so pretty .... I love the background. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what beautiful flowers
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Mrs A. said...

Nearly missed seeing this. Glad I was hovering around and spotted it. Love the background you have created. smashing big bloom too. hugs Mrs A.