Monday, 11 July 2016

Flowers & Lace ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am trying very hard to use up some more of my very old stash as well as my not so old stash too lol!  So once again I have a card to share with you and here it is …

 
An A6 card for a change!
The details!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #201 Anything Goes
Card Mania Challenge CMC#82 Lace & or Pearls
The Ribbon Girl Challenge July Card & Any Image Goes

 Virginia’s View Challenge #22 All About Colours 


I haven’t played with this stamp set for a while so it was good to get it out and to use it again.  I did the no line stamping technique with a pale Distress ink pad and then I watercoloured the image.  That is one technique that I really love and I can’t see that changing any time soon.  I did go back in with a Sakura Sparkle pen adding a little more detail here and there because when I do this technique sometimes my images look a little too like blobs lol! 

I got to use up some really old stash patterned paper, did some die cutting and used some old stash die cuts too.  I tried a new technique for hiding the end of the lace and that’s something I will be doing more of in the future too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Inspired by Stamping stamp set: Australian Nature 1
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Marianne die set: rolled rose and leaves
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; quilling tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Kraft card; Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
300 gsm card
HOTP patterned paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Landscape
Sakura Sparkle pen: pink
Sakura Glaze pen: green
Tim Holtz Distress IP: Weathered Wood
Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards: flower die cuts *
HOTP Lace #
Brads #
Adhesives/Mediums:

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 10 years old
* OS: old stash, at least 5 years old and no idea if still available

7 comments:

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

so lovely Karen! xoxo

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a stunning card Karen! I love the background card base, those pink stripes are so pretty. The lace is just beautiful and gives that extra somethin', somethin'. Love those rolled roses and other flowers-gorgeous! But it is the stamping on that panel that is beautiful. Love the sky background and that flower stamp. Thanks for your sweet comments today on my blog my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Judy Corner said...

Beautiful card Karen! Many thanks too for sharing at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the challenge. Judy x

Cara said...

This turned out beautifully. Stunning card. Cara x

Evie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge. Good luck!

Evie -DT member

Karina said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Fab colors and embellishing. Thank you so much for joining us at Noor! Design UK challenges. We hope to see you again next round.
Hugs, Karina
DT Noor! Design UK

Vicky said...

Such a beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at Noor Design, hope you will join us in the next challenge.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx