Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Full on girly ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Today’s card was created by me because I’ve re-located a bag of Craftwork Cards die cuts and embellishments and I wanted to have some fun with them as well as use them up and I am so happy I did, lol.  Here is the first card I have created with these goodies …

Another A5 card!
This card may cost a little more to post but I think it's worth it!
I used a watercolour pencil to darken some of her locks of hair!
I must try not to perfectly paint my flower die cuts before painting them lol!
You can see a little of the stamping and stencilling here
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
The Ribbon Girl Challenge  July Card & Any Image Goes

 Virginia’s View Challenge #22 All About Colours 
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #255 Extended Summer Challenge:
Off on my holiday-ma-bobs in Gay Paris! 


I have Craftwork Card embellishments that I have had for a long time as well as some that my lovely friend Helen sent me a while ago.  I’ve always loved their embellishments because they are always a little different to what other manufacturers produce and you always get a good amount for your money.  The leaves are snippets die cut from my dies but everything else is from Craftwork Cards kits.  The girly comes on an A6 panel and after I had coloured her with watercolours I fussy cut her.  I left the Eiffel in its’ natural form and didn’t alter that in any way at all.  I coloured the bird cage, the hearts and flowers with acrylics because I didn’t like the colour and pattern that was on them: acrylics do this beautifully!  Once all the images were dry I added white circles of gesso.  I layered the flowers then glued them together before adding an half pearl to each one.

I stamped and stencilled on the Kraft background before playing around with layout.  I actually remembered to use my mobile to take a photograph once I was happy with the layout and that made it so much easier to take the pieces off to add glue and then replace them in exactly the right position!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art stamps: Round in Circles set
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Lines
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Marianne die set: rolled rose
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; ink blending foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Crafters Companion Kraft card
Snippets white card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials
Pebeo acrylic paint:
Imagination Crafts: red Silkies paint
Staz On IP:
Embellishments:
# Craftwork Cards die cuts #: Eiffel Tower; flowers
# Craftwork Cards die cuts: bird cage; girl (thank you Helen)
Stash: Ribbon (thank you Helen); Twine (thank you Ruza)!
The Works: white half pearls
Adhesives/Mediums:
Crafters Companion: Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape
The Works: white gesso
Funky Foam; Washi tape

# OS: old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 2 years old

6 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! FABULOUS!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a fun creation!!

Rene said...

Oh la la! Thank you so much for sharing your divine creation with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Di said...

Wow Karen, this is just so pretty! Needless to say I love all the pink :)

Great way to use up those bits and pieces too.

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

Wow, look at this girlie girl card Karen! I love it!!! So fun, so girlie and even romantic. You done awesome girlfriend! Hugs, Brenda

Cara said...

This is stunning and definitely worth the postage! Cara x