Friday, 1 July 2016

House of Cards July Challenge ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has been good and you’ve awesome plans for the weekend.  It’s the first of the month which means a new challenge at House of Cards, whoop, whoop!!!  For July there is a choice of them and or colour scheme for you to choose from.  My card incorporates both the theme and colour scheme and here it is …

  
An A6 summery themed fruity tea card!
You can actually see the shimmer on the cup and spoon
A final look


I have a pack of 300gsm card that I purchased because it was on special offer.  It’s great to use as card blanks but not so good for wet media.  I’ve found that watercolours, AquaTints and Aqua pens do not soak into the card properly and the end result is a less than perfect but it’s great for a certain look or style.  I used a snippet of that card, already coloured with AquaTints and looking a little shabby style, to cut a pennant that I added to the centre of the card.  I stamped the images and die cut the oval onto Stamping card snippets.  Then I coloured the stamped images with my beloved AquaTints, of course, and added a little sparkle to some of them using a Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.

Please do go on over and check out the blog and my team mates creations.  I am constantly amazed and awed that I get to be on a DT with so many mega talented ladies!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
The Cats Pyjamas: Toni’s Tea Set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Spellbinders Large Classic Oval die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; ruler; craft knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets of Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: Clear Overlay set
Versafine IP: Jet Black
Embellishments:
EBay: sequins
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; funky foam


9 comments:

Donna said...

Cute card Karen, like those lemons falling from the cup! Teammate Donna

Michele Henderson said...

Perfect tea with lemon card! I love those little wedges!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Glittered Paws said...

A nice cuppa tea sitting under the trees - very eye appealing. Like your layout and the shimmer is great. Shirley H. Teammie

rachel said...

This looks yummy...brilliant karen x

MHK Designs said...

This is fabulous, Karen! I adore the images you used--and the layout is perfect! Your coloring is amazing, as well! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Brenda said...

What a fun card Karen! I love the tea cup image and the extra fruit you have on the card. The banner is watercolored so beautifully. Hugs, Brenda

Cara said...

Fab card, those lemon wedges are so sweet, or should that be sour! Cara x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fantastic card! It's cute and fun :o)
Tina HOC teamie

Katy said...

This is such a pretty card Karen! I love the sparkle! And way to incorporate both parts of the challenge! :) Hugs! Katy-HOC Teammate :)