Thursday, 28 July 2016

I want to ride my bicycle ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Please accept my apologies because I only have another card to share with you today.  I am trying to get some canvas finished but I’m struggling, so here is today’s card …

 
I appear to be in a 'green' phase right now!
It's a lovely scene
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Outdoors
The Corrosive Challenge #7 July Nature/Animals
The Pencil Case Challenge #24 Xanthic Yellow or Anything Goes
I used a paper that has yellow in it deliberately
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #255 Extended Summer Challenge
We Love to Create Challenge #15 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes


As I mentioned a while ago I had put a Paperbabe stamp set and Little Claire stamps ‘somewhere safe’, it really is the kiss of death for craft supplies and stamps as they go missing for quite a while.  Well when I found the Paperbabe tree stamp set I also found several lovely Little Claire stamps that were NBUS too. 

It felt good to get them inky and I love this pretty bicycle stamp.  It will get quite a bit of use now, hopefully, as it’s ideal to use on any landscapes I create.  The landscape for this card was created with Pan Pastels.  I then stamped grasses and what look like little orange flowers using my Spectrum Aqua pens.  The background was created with left over AquaTints and once that was dry I stamped the whole piece using my Stampin’ Up grunge set.  Several really old stamps, newer stamps and NBUS stamps were used and as I didn’t add much bling so this is good card for those pesky men lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Little Claire stamps
Stampin’ Up: Gorgeous Grunge stamp set
Stamp Addicts: Dottiness stamp
Plaid Crafts grasses stamp #
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug
Whimsy die
Stencil:
Paper masks I created to make the landscape
Miscellaneous Tools:
Sofft sponges; paint brushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary set
Spectrum Aqua: floral set
Pan Pastels: starter kit
Versafine IP: black
Tim Holtz Distress IP: Weathered Wood
Sakura Sparkle: black (the wheels)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stamps


14 comments:

Michelle N. said...

What a lovely card-love the sparkly bicycle! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Glitter challenge!

Lilian YF said...

What a cool scene! Just beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

SARN said...

Oh that's lovely. Very summery xxx

rachel said...

this is lovely Karen - please don't apologise for it - its gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

angie1966 said...

Love this bike card. I came across you on the cc's card blog and you mentioned your pinterest board. Can I follow it please (if I can find it lol) thanks in advance. X

Karen P said...

A message for Angie1966. Thank you for the lovely comment! I've tried to back track to let you know and now you've mentioned it you've reminded me that I need to add a link to my Pinterest boards, having a blond burp of a month! Just copy and paste the following and it will take you to my boards:

https://uk.pinterest.com/karen_petitt/2010-2015-selection-of-my-cards/

I am at the moment trying to catch up with Pinning the cards I have created and know I'll get there soon!

Billie A said...

Very pretty scene and I always love dies. Great card and so glad you joined us at Creative with Stamps.

Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments

Sammy said...

This is a really lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

bello amanecer said...

Very pretty project!
Thank you very much for playing with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog !!!
Hope to see you again in the next challenge.
Lidia DT
http://belloamanecercr.blogspot.com/

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card. Thanks for joining us in our pencil challenge
xx

Brenda said...

Love this bike card Karen! The hills of grass you have made look beautiful. I can picture myself riding my bike in your scene, listening to the bird sing!! Hugs, Brenda

Arlene said...

Great scene - love the bike.

What a creative card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Cara said...

Another lovely card. Cara x