Sunday, 31 July 2016

Ice creams, cupcakes and sweet treats ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I had several small piles of white snippets on my desk and I realised they were the perfect size foe these very cute images.  I stamped then water coloured them and fussy cut them so they were ready to go.  I played around with an embossed background, layout and ribbons and here’s my card …

 
A cute little A6 card and lots of little snippets used to create this one!
I have no idea why the camera has photographed the ribbon like that!  It is flat and smooth?!
Lots of naughty but nice things on this card!
Raspberry sorbet/ice cream = yummy!
Strawberry cream ice cream yes please!
I final look!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

 Share Joy Challenge #46 I was inspired by the berries

I used an embossing board to score the white card
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #304 Happy Birthday

  Virginia’s View Challenge #22 Colours 

Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #255 Extended Summer Challenge


This is another new set of NBUS stamps that I won from my lovely team mate Ruza and this is their first outing, lol!  The introduction of the MISTI has upped my stamping output and I’m trying very hard to use the stamps that I have won that haven’t been inked yet.  I’ve even got a separate box of stamps I won from our lovely Brenda that haven’t been inked yet.  I am a lucky lady to have won them!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Taylored Expressions
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; embossing board that came with a magazine

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
Snippets HOTP paper
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; fun foam; double sided tape

15 comments:

SARN said...

mmmm, yummy! xxx

Barb said...

Oh we all love sweet treats. A lovely summertime card and I love their little smiley faces. A great fun card Karen. Barbxx

Di said...

Delicious card Karen - and well done on being first into the Playground too! I think you card is absolutely perfect for Summer - and I love that you're enjoying using the Misti. What an invention eh?!

Hugs

Di xx (and a little extra one from Parsnip - he spotted the ice cream, greedy little bear!) x

Mrs A. said...

Sweet as can be and guaranteed to be totally non fattening!. hugs Mrs A

Kath Stewart said...

your card is adorable Karen...love the background and all those dreamy ice cream cornets make me want to go and find some ice cream...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Berni Cuttino said...

Beautiful design and fab composition.  Thanks for playing in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Karen this card is just adorable! I love those cones, donuts and cupcakes! You watercolored them up perfectly as well. Love the embossing on the back ground too and the cute polka dot ribbon, in love with that! Hugs, Brenda

Cara said...

Good enough to eat! Cara x

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Karen! It's super cute & I love the sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Josephine said...

Fabulous card!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Judy McKay said...

Great card. Very pretty design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

Sue - said...

Great use of snippets Karen. Love the faces on the ice creams!

Maike from Maikreations said...

Such a fun and happy card! ;o) Thank you for joining our „Stitching real or faux“ challenge over at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
Maike

Rebecca said...

Lots of fun! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Bec

Judy McKay said...

Love those ice creams. Great card. Love the design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Card Makers this week. Judy DT