Saturday, 23 July 2016

NBUS stamps for a tropical CAS #1 comparison ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I have another CAS card to share with you today and here it is …

 
A lovely stamp for a CAS A6 card
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Creative with Stamps Challenge #4 Ink Splatters
 The Heart Desires Challenge Colours/Theme/Sketch #2 I went with the colours and the theme: I hope that’s okay
 Virginia’s View Challenge #22 All About Colours 


When I saw the colours, sketch and theme at a couple of challenges I wanted to play along in a CAS style.  The only reason this is not a one layer is that I purchased 300gsm card to create card blanks/bases and once that card arrived I found out it loathes water.  It was a great price and it’s ideal to use as the base.  A thrifty bonus is that my Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping card which is what I use for wet or mucky techniques lasts longer because I cut it to size when I need to and use it and the base is always the cheaper card.
This is part one of at least two posts, the next will follow soon.  I am doing a comparison with using just Spectrum Aqua pens to ink and colour the stamp versus ink pad and Spectrum Aqua pens.  I’m not completely sure yet but I do think the ink pad may have won this time, but I may need to do a third post, we’ll see. 
I used three pens from the Spectrum Aqua Floral pen set and the stamp that came with one of the Crafter’s Companion Inspiration magazines.  Funnily enough I also have this stamp in, I think a bigger size, and I purchased this set earlier this year because of an awesome friend sent me a £10 Crafter’s Companion voucher.  I had to have the rubber set because it contains a hummingbird and that’s the next set for me to play with.  I know that I can use both the smaller flower and the larger flower to create a scene or depth so I will be doing that soon.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate
it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Crafter’s Companion Creative Inspirations Magazine Issue: 9?
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI tool; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass Stamping Card
300gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua: floral pen set
Spectrum Sparkle: clear overlay pen
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape set
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

9 comments:

SARN said...

Oh that's very pretty Karen.
Just saw you won a prize at the Snippets Playground too. Congrats mate.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

~amy~ said...

Love the blooms + splatters. Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

Cara said...

Lovely watercolouring on this card, interested to see how the other one turns out. Cara x

Brenda said...

Wow! Love this beautiful card Karen. The stamp is fabulous, love the watercolored background and your perfect splatters! Just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Toni said...

So summery and relaxing--fab coloring! So glad you joined us at The Heart Desires!

Toni

MaryV said...

So beautiful, Karen! Love the elegance of your card! Thank you so much for joining us at CWS Challenge this month.
Hugs, Mary (CT member)

SugarGem said...

Wow so pretty!!! Thank you for joining The Heart Desires Challenge!

Lilian YF said...

Beautiful card! Lovely colors and splatters!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Katy said...

So pretty! Love these flowers! And splatters! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Creative with Stamps! :)