Sunday, 17 July 2016

NBUS stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  Would my regular friends and visitors read the paragraph below the challenges I am linking up to.  I have owned this stamp set for a couple of years and I hang my head in shame because it’s the first time I have used it, lol, I had carefully put it in a safe place and I know I’m not the only one who once they have done this can’t find it again.  So I re-found it a couple of weeks ago so I have a one layer card to share with you and here it is …
 
A super cute tree, grasses and those wee birds!
I do love to create landscapes and can't remember the last time I did one
Beautiful mix and match sentiments too!1
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 AAA Cards Challenge #69 One Stash Favourite my AquaTints: : they can be used neat for bold colours or diluted to create paler colours.  They work like watercolours and have similar properties to the Distress range

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #37 Anything Goes
The Craft Barn Challenge #17 Clean and Simple

 Virginia’s View Challenge #22 All About Colours 


I want to say that I am very sorry.  I’m bad physically; sitting upright is a real issue, especially if it is for more than a minute.  I am incredibly grateful for the fact that I had a creative spurt at the beginning of the month which means that I have cards to share and challenges to play along with.  When we returned from the visit we made last month we were both happy that physically it hadn’t made anything worse, well at the time that was what we thought.  It seems my back problem has been slow to react to the stress I put it through visiting my family and meeting my niece.  Currently I cannot return any of the awesome lovely comments you have left.  Sadly I have already lost a follower.  For the rest of you lovely friends and followers please don’t give up on me I am trying really had to get some balance back so that I can return the favour and visit you all again soon.

Getting back to the steps I took to create this card.  I painted a very quick landscape scene by diluting my AquaTints and depicting a sky and grassy meadow.  Once that was dry I mixed glycerine and several shades of green AquaTints (I saw an awesome You Tube technique video by Sheena Douglass).   I used my blend to ink up one of the tree canopies (there are different canopies and tree trunks, I had no idea!).  I stamped the lovely green canopy and left it to dry.  As there was still some ink on the ink blending foam I used the mix to stamp the grasses too.  Once I was certain the canopy was dry I inked up each tree trunk/branch: I think these are two layer stamps: you stamp a solid piece and then stamp over the top to add detail with a darker ink.  So I used Rusty Hinge on the solid stamp and added detail with Vintage Photo.  I also used Vintage Photo to stamp the cute little birdies at the front lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: Tree Hugs set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI tool; ink blending foam; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape; Perfectly Primary
Distress ink pad: Rusty Hinge; Vintage Photo
Versafine IP: black
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; glycerine

13 comments:

rachel said...

a fun make Karen - so sorry to hear about your health - hope you feel better soon! Hugs rachel xx

Jane said...

The aqua tints look really spectacular on your card, I can really see why you love them. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Dear Karen...I know just what you mean about forgetting about a Stamp...so only I am trying to have an inventory nowadays [ I use the freeware software Evernote] and do take your time to recover...sometimes losing a follower is just a glitch...a couple of months back I lost hundreds in a span of a few weeks and I hadnt done anything to offend anybody[ later found it was a blogger issue]
Cheers
and thinking of you my friend
Dr Sonia

Barbara Schiassi said...

Pretty card! You've created a beautiful scene! Love how you painted the grass and the sky! thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

Aileen Ryan said...

Wonderful card and love those wee little birds.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful landscape you have created! I love your layered tree and the sky is wonderful! Do feel better soon my friend! hugs :)

SARN said...

Hi Karen

Wonderful landscape you've posted here.

So sorry to hear the difficulties you're experiencing at the moment. I am sending well wishes your way honey.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Sorry to hear of your recent health flare up Karen and please don't stress yourself about returning comments, it's impossible sometimes to fit all these things in whether healthy or not.
A lovely scene you have created here though with the dimensional tree.
Take care,
Lorraine

Tanja said...

love your pretty landscape - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More

Cara said...

This is a great make. I hope your back improves soon, as someone else in need of a full body transplant (yay for morphine!) don't worry about commenting or how often you can blog. Take good care of yourself and rest up when you need too. Cara x

Creative world said...

Gorhgeous background,and great design on your card...the tree is awesome...thank you joining us at ATSM...Željka

Brenda said...

First off Karen, I don't follow/comment to you because I want you to come and make comments to me. I follow because I love your blog and you. I like coming here and it makes me happy, so that is what I do. Although I do get behind myself and don't always catch up. I do always come back though, so no fear of losing me as a follower. I think that stinks for people to put pressure on a person, who clearly has health issues (like me) to comment on their blog too. It's just wrong. We all do what we feel like we can do. Crafting isn't supposed to be stressful, so I say good riddance to that person! Now onto your adorable scene! I love that tree and oh yes, I have put stuff away and have no clue where I've put it only to find it later as a surprise. lol We all do that! I also love those adorable, teeny tiny birds-they are just the cutest! The tree and the birds come together and make a delightful scene Karen. I hope and pray that you are able to feel better soon, but I know how RA is and sometimes you just need to lay low and pamper yourself. So you do just that and don't put additional stress on those joints and that back. Sending big hugs to you, Brenda

Chris said...

A great card Karen and I'm really glad you found the stamps again so you could make it :-D, yes I've done the same thing. Love the background you created and the colours are gorgeous. I really hope your back improves very soon, I can totally empathise as my Mum has a similar problem and over activity results in setbacks. Thanks for joining in with the Paperbabe Stamps challenge this time. Chris :-)