Friday, 15 July 2016

Rest a moment ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am very, very happy using new stamps and playing with my different colouring mediums and dies!  I don’t need much to keep me happy these days lol!  A first attempt with this stamp set had me creating this very pretty scene and here it is …

An A6 card
May not be suitable for posting and it will required a longer than usual envelope!  
Isn't he a handsome beastie?  This flower die will get a lot of use
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
The Artistic Stamper Challenge July All Things Bright & Beautiful
The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Animals
 Virginia’s View Challenge #22 All About Colours 
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #255 Extended Summer Challenge:
I hope you can seethe sunshine through the branches! 


I am very lucky that this card fits the challenges above because it was a case of me playing and experimenting with new Prima stamps, the gorgeous flower die, two types of watercolours, a little acrylic and some white stamping card!  The flowers are a little larger than I would like but they are an embellishment opportunity, lol, hiding a very bad attempt of painting my own flowers with acrylics.  Because of the embellishment opportunity I chose to decoupage the bird to make sure he was the star and not the flowers.  I roughly painted a tree to the left of the bird so that I could add a branch where his foot comes down – he doesn’t look right without something to perch on.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon.  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Prima
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine #10 Die’sire flower die
Cuttlebug die cutting machine      
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 white stamping card
HOTP patterned paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Landscape
Luminarte H2O paint: Bolivian Blue
Black fine line pen
Brown acrylic paint
Tim Holtz Distress IP: weathered wood
Embellishments:
The Works: half pearl
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; Funky foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 10 years old

10 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

I ADORE this stamp set df the birds, and that one is my FAVE too!!!!! I made a Mother's Day card for my mom with it... if you'd like to see it here is the link!!!


http://wienerhoneymooners.blogspot.com/2016/05/a-mothers-love-colourq.html

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
-Kimberly

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Darlene said...

Love the dimension you've achieved on this creation Karen ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANIMALS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Carol said...

Great work Karen, do love that bird. Carol x

Brenda said...

What a pretty card Karen!!! I love that sweet bird and those beautiful flowers. Looks like spring in our nation's capital with the cherry blossoms. lol Glad you are having fun my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Inky Kitty said...

Great Card. Thanks for joining in this months challenge at The Artistic Stamper.

Cara said...

A great card, love your painting. Cara x

Teresa Kline said...

hello karen! super sweet bird and flowers...luv this! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Sandra said...

Wonderful card, love the bird. The big flowers are pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

suzanne2 said...

hi Karen, your bird is gorgeous! I cant resist any bird stamps and you have really tempted me LOL your flowers look lovely too. thank you for joining us at creative inspirations.
Suzanne xx