Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Snippet busting ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  More apologies from me for lack of visits, it’s my normal issue.  Luckily I have some pieces that have already been stamped, coloured, inked etc which makes my life a little easier when creating a card!  I have a male birthday card to share with your today and here it is …

  
An A6 snippet buster - no stamping!
I adore these little hexagons!
Of course my 'happy' die needed to be used
Such cute little chipboard elements!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


I had a lot of mixed media gesso and green inks and painted snippets left over from another project and I decided to die cut them using the die that came in Crafters Companion Issue 10 magazine.  In fact this card evolved after the die cutting, lol, and I have to say that I actually really love this look.  It is something I plan to try again and differently next time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Winnie & Walter ‘happy’ die
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine 10: hexagonal dies
Stencil:
Stamplorations Stamps: gridlocked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paint brushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets of Crafters Companion Sheena Douglas stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary; Landscape
Pebeo matt acrylic: green
Ranger Ink: Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint
Do Crafts Artiste: gold acrylic paint
Embellishments:
Tando Creative chipboard: cogs
Adhesives/Mediums:
The Works: white gesso
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape (for the stencil)

5 comments:

Liz said...

A great masculine card. Love the design. xx

Di said...

Really great Karen! Wonderful design and I do love how much use you're getting out of that fabulous Hello die!

Hugs

Di xx

rachel said...

great make Karen - really wonderful!! Hope you feel better soon. Hugs rachel x

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, I am really loving this masculine card! I have hexi dies and never thought to use them this way. Love the texture you have given them too. Hugs, Brenda

Cara said...

Love the texture you've created on this. Cara x