Thursday, 7 July 2016

Summertime ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have awesome weekend plans.  I have recently purchased new stamp sets, because it was my birthday last month I had some pennies to spend.  I used one of the images from one of the sets to create this card …

  
An A6 card good to post
It's so cute and not a bad start more practice required!
I love my MS border punches!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Deep Ocean Challenge Colours of Summer
Mod Squad Challenge Lazy Days of Summer: bright blue skies & fluffy white clouds, children with soft toys and balloons is what I remember from lazy days of summer


Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Moodboard: I was inspired by the blue sky & fluffy white clouds.  I used Maimeri Glossy Gel to give the clouds some texture.
The Pencil Case Challenge W = Whatever Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl Challenge July Card Challenge

 Virginia’s View Challenge #22 All About Colours  


I know I’m daft but I’ve only just realised I purchased balloon stamps again lol!  I purchased this Mama Elephant stamp set because of the cute critters.  They are ideal for creating cards for our one and only new niece.  I knew I needed to get some sweet or cute animal stamps and I found this set on Facebook – good price too lol!

The one thing that I really need to improve is colouring my images, especially persons, animals, critters and fantasy.  I stamped the monkey twice so I have another to share with you and I tried colouring another of the critters from this stamp set and although they are okay I have not got the fur look to them so it’s back to the drawing board and lots more practice is the order of the day lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp: Mama Elephant Up & Away
Miscellaneous Tools:
Martha Stewart border punch; Great Impressions cloud stencil kit; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass Stamping Card
300 gsm card for base
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: black
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary; Landscape
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; Funky Foam; Collall all purpose glue; Maimeri Glossy Gel

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Everything that we do needs practice. You can never stop learning and practice makes for better cards. Your adorable card will surely be love by your new niece. The scene is marvelous. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week.
Barbara DT Member

Lin said...

So fun, Karen - I love your textured clouds, and of course the colorful balloons! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Nandini said...

Very cute card. I am sure your niece will love it! Glad you could join us at ATSM. All the very best! Nandini, DT

Brenda said...

Glad you had some birthday pennies to purchase some new stamp sets Karen. Looks like this one is a cute one and I just adore your cute card! Love all those colorful balloons and of course who can resist a cute monkey to boot?! Your background looks amazing. Yes, I think it is a good day to be happy for sure!! Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

what a lovely make Karen - so cute xx

Virginia Lu said...

Love the coloring and use of images! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! FABULOUS job, Karen!

Katarzyna Ewa said...

Lovely. Balloon card is on my list for next month.
Thank you for your participation in my last candy
and for you support as a follower of my blog.
Some people have talent to be a doctor or manage a team,
and I love to make paper things.
Every follower means a lot for me
and to show how I care - I want to invite you to my new candy



Thank you Karen

Katarina Ewa

my blog

DT cfartyenjoyments.co.uk 

DT House of Cards Challenge blog

Cara said...

This is so cute. We are all so self critical, focus first on the parts that you think you did well. Hugs, Cara x

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely scene you created Karen. I love the textured clouds and expanse of sky. I wonder where your critter will land?
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

Gayatri said...

Love the texture on your card especially on the clouds. Adorable card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Photo Inspiration Challenge. Gayatri xx

Keren Baker said...

Such a happy card. Love the bright balloons. We all have to keep practicing too! Thanks for playing along with the Seven Hills Crafts Challenge xx