Sunday, 24 July 2016

Thank you Carol ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  My obsession with the Prima stamp set continues, lol, and I promise I have put them away for the next week or so lol!  Here is my card …

  
An A5 card - worth the extra postage!
I am happy with my stamping, inking and watercolouring
It is such a beautiful stamp
  
I had to distress some embellishments and use some lace!
 
Some of the lines on the lower layers
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Dare 2B Artzy Challenge Lots of Layers
The Corrosive Challenge #7 July Nature/Animals 
The Ribbon Girl Challenge  July Any Image Challenge


Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #255 Extended Summer Challenge


About a week ago I saw the details of the challenge at Frilly and Funky, All Lined Up, and later that day I received a parcel of gorgeous goodies from our lovely Carol.  There were two ink pads, ribbons, two stencils and trimmings in the package.  One of the stencils is a ‘lines of text’ design and I had a rare light bulb moment, lol!
I attached the text stencil to A5 Sheena’s Stamping Card and applied Maimeri Glossy Gel with a palette knife randomly across my card and I left it to dry.  I stamped the bird using a pale ink and coloured her with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints.  Once it was dry I added more colour and I left that to dry overnight. 
I created AquaTints washes to colour the land and sky around and below the bird.  I used ink blending foam to create custom inks using AquaTints and glycerine; two greens and a pale brown.  I used that blend to ink up my Sheena images and created a scene around the bird before leaving it to dry.  The next step was to use a fine tipped black pen to add definition to the bird’s body, feathers and wings.
Whilst the scene was drying I attached the Line stencil to A5 Kraft card and dabbed Pebeo Dyna paint through the stencil, I worked across the whole piece of Kraft.  I did the same to a piece of A5 black card with a different colour.  I left the whole lot to dry overnight.  The next day I used a MS border punch on either side of the Kraft card.  I coloured all four edges of an A5 card blank using AquaTints and left to dry. 

This year I had told my husband in May that I wanted a MISTI as my birthday present. Luckily for me a couple of weeks later I received a 30% off voucher to a shop that stocks the MISTI and after a fair bit of prompting OH told me to order it.  It wasn’t until I started using it that I realised how slow my stamping had become and how much pain and discomfort it was causing me.  I am, finally, able to stamp and create scenes again with ease and it has already made my life a lot easier and my crafting not as painful.  I try not to endorse or enable or encourage spending more but if you struggle with these issues look into purchasing yourself one or making your OH purchase you one for a birthday/Christmas/sorry/just because they are worth it!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Scenic stamp set: Silhouette Grasses
Prima Jamie Dougherty Bloom Birds stamp set
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: lines
Unknown text stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI tool; ink blending foam; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
Crafter’s Companion: Kraft card; black card
300gsm card
Mulberry paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Landscape
Pebeo Dyna acrylic paints: Iridescent Blue Green; Iridescent Green Blue
Tim Holtz Distress ink pad: weathered wood
Pigma fine tip pen: black
Embellishments:
HOTP lace #
Country View Crafts: Blossom
The Works: half pearl
Crochet flowers #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape; double sided tape; fun foam; glycerine

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 4 years old

13 comments:

Team Clark said...

Hi Karen, this is an absolutely gorgeous card with my favorite of colors! The image is amazing and is great with your awesome background work and embellishments. Big hugs, Autumn

SARN said...

So pleased to hear that the MISTI has made your crafting life easier. Lovely looking scenic card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, this is worthy of extra postage, but more so it is worthy of framing!!! This is a stunning card, the scene you have created is just beautiful. I can smell the wisteria and feel the breezes. Here the sounds of nature-yep, I can picture myself sitting in the scene and taking in all that nature has to offer! Hugs, Brenda

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Karen, what a wonderful scene you've made. Definitely worth the extra postage.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Cara said...

Wow, this is just amazing. Glad the misti is helping, I have one on my wish list. Cara x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! The bird and the scene you created is wonderful. Love the layers and the stripes on the bottom edge. Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie All Lined Up Challenge!

Cec said...

Fabulous card. Love the colour palette and your gorgeous stamping. I bought a Misti as well and while I am just getting used to it, I love it already. I am a stickler for straight and the Misti sure helps with that. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Pamellia Johnson said...

Holy cow Karen, this is just incredible!! I am loving that scene from tip to top! The foliage, the depth, the shading, and that bird, oh my gosh, that bird!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! What a stunning scene you have created, and the addition of the flowers and lace are just the cheery on top!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'All Lined Up' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Cass said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

bello amanecer said...

Gorgeous creation !!!
Thank you very much for playing with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog !!!
Hope to see you again in the next challenge.
Lidia DT
http://belloamanecercr.blogspot.com/

Cara said...

I'm back with my DT hat on, as I said before, I love this. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin. Cara DT x

Nancy Dynes said...

Your card is gorgeous! I adore birds, and love the way you've used the Prima stamp set here! The colors are soooooooo rich and fabulous. Thank you for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Nancy

Jenny Marples said...

So much beautiful detail and what a fortuitous package from Carol! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx