Saturday, 30 July 2016

Tree hugs ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have awesome weekend plans.  I have been playing with this Paperbabe stamp set again and watercolour paper and my Spectrum Aqua pens and Spectrum Noir AquaTints and here it is …

  
A cute CAS card
I will be practicing more with this tree stamp
Looks like I need to practice with the branches too!
I love my Aqua pens because I can colour the grasses and the wildflowers
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #304 Happy Birthday

 Virginia’s View Challenge #22 All About Colours 

Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #255 Extended Summer Challenge


I have had another play with this stamp set and it was only after I photographed this card that I realised my tree canopy looks a little bit, well, blobby!  I have since tried to rectify this but it’s not working so I am trying to go with the flow and accept that I may not have got this card completely perfect it was a new lesson learnt.  Having said that my tree canopy is a little blobby I love the loose bright summer sky, the stamped grasses and wildflowers and the shadow from the tree.   Then whilst I was looking at the stamp set I realised that one of the fabulous sentiments in this set was ready to be used with the centre word stamped in a different colour so that it packs a punch!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: Tree hugs stamp set
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Scenic A5 Silhouette: Garden stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Watercolour paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary & Beautifully Grunge
Spectrum Aqua pens: Floral set
Versafine IP: black
Distress IP: peeled paint
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


13 comments:

Jane said...

Super little scene you've created and I love that sentiment. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Brenda said...

Beautiful scene you have created Karen! It looks like it could be a scene from Africa or from the US. I've always loved seeing big trees in the middle of a pasture, thinking it was a great spot to sit and read a good book under! I love to read outside if you couldn't tell. lol And I've been that way ever since I was a kid, so been looking for that tree for a long time. Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

this is awesome Karen - I love it - such a great scene! hugs rachel x

Ceal said...

Fabulous card! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

sandie said...

Fabulous scene and superb painting. Thanks for joining AAA

Glenda Atkins said...

Love your scene and the tree is such fun, delightful card! Thanks for joining our Summer challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Tanja said...

love your little landscape - thanks for sharing your creation at Addicted to Stamps and More

Cara said...

Your tree is looking good to me. The playing is the important bit, not the end result. Cara x

jenn shurkus said...

so fun! i love how clever you were with the sentiment thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

J said...

Great scenebuilding! I love the watercolour look and this is right up my street... Thank you for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie

Creative world said...

Beautiful card,great scene,love your coloring...thank you for joining us at ATSM...hugs Zeljka

Rebecca said...

Fabulous watercolour creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Bec

Angela Radford said...

That is a gorgeous tree, lovely shape. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela DT x