Tuesday, 26 July 2016

Tropical CAS #2 ink versus pen comparison ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  This card is my second comparison between stamping with inks or pens and here it is …

Another A6 card, love these inky yet almost one layer cards lol!
The ribbon is attached to a narrow piece of card cut to length of card;
I turned the ribbon over each edge before attaching that to the card: no edges inside to hide!
A beautiful flower stamp, my favourite colours and splatters too.
The sentiment is straight - it's the angles I struggle with when photographing my cards!
  
Those flowers are so pretty!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Creative with Stamps Challenge #4 Ink Splatters

The ribbon is wonderfully textured
Spectrum Noir Challenge on Facebook July Summer
#2 I did all three this time but used ribbon instead of paper


Last weekend (Saturday this post) I shared a card I had created using NBUS stamps and this is my second version of that card.  I originally planned to create two of cards using this stamp but whilst typing this post I’ve realised I need to create another, making it three, lol. 
On the first card I inked up the images and coloured them with my Spectrum Aqua pens.  On this card the flower is second generation inking and stamping.  I then coloured the flowers with my AquaTints and added some splashes of ink/paint before stamping the sentiment first generation.  I need to create one more using first generation inking/stamping, I’ll try to do that later this week so you won’t get another one so quickly. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Crafter’s Companion Creative Inspirations Magazine Issue: 9
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI tool; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass Stamping Card
300gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge & Landscape set
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

9 comments:

rachel said...

Brilliant make. I love this karen. Gorgeous summery colours. Hugs lovely lady xx

Toni said...

Love your spattered background and how fun to add ribbon! Thanks for the tip about hiding the cut ends too. So glad you joined us at THD!

Brenda said...

Another beautiful card Karen! I am loving that splattered background as well as the addition of the ribbon. Those flowers are just stunning and I adore them. I do your tip on the ribbon, I also put tape runner on the backside of the ribbon so it lays secure for me on the front and back of the card. I guess great minds think a like! Hugs, Brenda

Lilian YF said...

Beautiful! Love the ribbon on the side!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

~amy~ said...

What beautiful Hibiscus blooms. I love the ribbon treatment too!
Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

Cara said...

Beautiful flowers, love the ribbon detail too. Cara x

Katy said...

This is beautiful! I love those flowers too! Fantastic job coloring them! And the ribbon is awesome-and not on the inside-that's super awesome! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Creative with Stamps! :)

MaryV said...

Lovely card, Karen! Love the ribbon detail! Thank you for joining us at CWS Challenge.
Mary (DT member)

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful card with so much gorgeous detail...it's wonderful, Karen! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) x