Sunday, 14 August 2016

A flutterbye ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  In between creating invitation samples I am trying to keep up with several of my favourite challenges as well as a serious attempt to shrink my snippets piles so here is today’s card …

 
A quick snippet creation
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #376 Butterflies
Country View Crafts Challenge Hot Summer Days
I can’t seem to stop using these hot colours


I used multiple snippets that were created with different mediums to create this card.  I am hoping that I have remembered the different card stocks, the watercolours, the acrylic paints, the inks and the dies lol!  It’s one of my more simple creations but I really love how it turned out.

One of the tools was my Flora & Fauna 2 W Plus 9 stamp set and I used the medium sized butterfly from that set.  I stamped with a pale ink onto a snippet of Sheena Douglass card and then watercoloured the image using my AquaTints.  I put that to one side whilst I grabbed a Kraft card snippet and attached my Tim Holtz Lines layering stencil to it and added two shades of Pebeo Interference acrylic paint.  Another snippet was coloured with my Distress inks and once that was dry I die cut the Paper Smooches ‘friend’ from it.  I die cut the scalloped circle from another white snippet and then distressed the stamped circle and Kraft card using my Tim Holtz tool.  My final step was to add the thorax, antenna and some of the veins using a black SN Aqua pen, the fine nib.

Once I was happy with the layout it was quick to glue together to enter into a couple of challenges, simples and the snippet piles are a little smaller.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
W Plus 9: Flora & Fauna 2 stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Paper Smooches ‘friend’ die
Spellbinders Large Classic Circle & Large Scalloped Circle die sets
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Lines layering stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Tim Holtz distressing tools; paint brushes; water pot; make up sponges

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass Stamping card; Kraft card
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary
Spectrum Aqua: black pen from the Essentials set
Pebeo Studio: Iridescent Violet Blue & Iridescent Green Yellow acrylics
Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; fun foam

17 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I agree, your butterfly really has such a beautiful finish, it's almost surreal, yet another beautiful card!

brenda said...

A gorgeous creation for our Butterfly theme Karen, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

ellyscard creatief said...

Very lovely creation.

Mrs A. said...

I love the earthy undertones and that butterfly is gorgeous. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Gorgeous card Karen and I too love the colours!

Great to see you in the Playground, I had a day off yesterday so am catching up now with commenting :)

Hugs

SARN said...

Totally brilliant. Gorgeous butterfly card xxx

Wendy L said...

This is very beautiful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Jane said...

Hi Karen it did indeed turn out beautifully.A gorgeous butterfly and I love your textured sentiment too. Thanks so much for joining in with my Hot Summer days theme over at Country View xx

Lin said...

A fine entry for our wild theme, Karen! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Monika Gulyas said...

Lovely friendship card with an absolutely beautiful butterfly! Thank you for joining our August challenge at Country View Challenges blog!

Linda said...

Love the colours you've used and that butterfly is so pretty. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

Craftyfield said...

Lovely card, thank you for showing us at Country View challenges.

Nikky Hall said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at http://thepencilcases.blogspot.co.uk/

Helen Gullett said...

What a beautiful card. Love it.
Thank You for playing along with Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies August Challenge.

- Helen Gullett -
DT Member

Ellie Knol said...

Congrats on winning at the TIMI challenge! Have fun!!

Scrappy Scatty said...

so lovely thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case xx

Emma Sims said...

This is such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with A Die.

Emma - Design Team