Tuesday, 16 August 2016

A summers day ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week has started well.  I have another card to share with you today and I deliberately kept it CAS because I wanted the stamping to be the star of this card and here it is …

  
An A6 card using up multiple snippets and more ribbon!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #39 Anything Goes
Penny Black & More Challenge Anything Goes with a Stamp
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #255 Extended Summer Challenge 
We Love to Create Challenge #17 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes


I had fun creating this card and used multiple colouring mediums as well as snippets which is good.  I used my paper masks and Pan Pastel set to create the landscape.  I added a light layer of blue for the sky, I had attached my paper mask and I took the blue all the way down to that.  Then I used green and yellow Pan Pastels with my masks to create fields.  I used two stamps with four different colours from my Spectrum Aqua Floral pen set to add flowers, flower heads and grasses.  As pretty as the scene was I thought it needed more so I grabbed my Little Claire bicycle and stamped it.  I coloured the bicycle with my AquaTints and added a little Spectrum Sparkle clear overlay here and there.  I thought the bicycle needed grounding so I created a dirt road using my paper masks and Pan Pastel black and that’s where the bicycle is riding lol!  Then my scene was finished and I was happy so I decided to keep the card CAS style and I am happy with that.

The two stamps I used for this are two of my oldest stamps.  I bought them when I first started out stamping because the one thing I really wanted to create was country landscapes; I have always loved country scenes so I purchased these two stamps many years ago.  Because I am lucky to have won a starter set of Pan Pastels, my husband purchased the Spectrum Aqua pens for me for Christmas and I have been collecting coloured ink pads for quite some time and that means that my older stamps are being used once again as my skills and my choice of mediums have greatly improved recently lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Little Claire bicycle clear stamp (no longer available)
Stamp Addicts: Dottiness stamp #
Plaid Crafts grasses stamp #
Stencil:
Paper masks I created to make the landscape
Miscellaneous Tools:
Pan Pastel Sofft sponges; paint brushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippet paper from my snippets pile
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary set
Spectrum Aqua: floral set
Pan Pastels: starter kit
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stamps


10 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely image, colours and design Karen, like a day out in the Countryside. Many thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Rene said...

LOVE it! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Linby said...

This is so effective. I like the way you did the "brown" field, must try that as I have done the grass but this looks so good too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x

Jane said...

The oldest are often the best Karen. I still have my very first stamps too. What a lovely scene you created and the bike is brilliant. It's perfect for our Hot Summer Days challenge over at Country View. Thanks for joining us again xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

You really are an amazing artist, Karen! This beautiful scene reminds me of many happy hours I spent riding my bike in my youth! Just fabulous!! Hugs, Darnell

Zoey Emanuela Scarpelli said...

What a delightful card - it reminds me of summers afternoons here in Italy.
Me and my family used to ride our bike up side down the hills over here!

Love the way you colored the background!

Thank you so much for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Hugs x
Zoey

Sue said...

This is really lovely Karen, it's a fabulous scene that you've created, and I love that bicycle stamp. Have a lovely weekend, and thanks for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful creation using Pan Pastels, I'm afraid I have been neglecting mine a bit...
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Penny Black and More!

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful card you made! I like the scene you created and you did well keeping it CAS I think.
Thank you to joining us at Country View Challenges. Have a nice sunday!
xx Evelyn

Nikky Hall said...

LOVE your use of Pan Pastels in this, your backgrounds are fabulous! Thanks for joining in with us over at WeLove2Create challenge this week xx http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/challenge-17-anything-creativemixed.html