Friday, 26 August 2016

Another bird ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am having a bird stamp love affair and add bright, hot and zesty colours to that then I am in my crafting heaven.  Here is today’s card …

 
Back to A6 card size
Lovely papers and wonderful paints
She is a tweet heart!
I do love this W&W die
Another old embellishment
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge Hot Summer Days
Deep Ocean Challenge #136 Things with Wings
Scrapy Land Challenge #48 Use a stamp or digital image
I used Spellbinder dies
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #83 Lots of Layers
The Craft Barn Challenge Two Weekly Challenge use Blue/Blues
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge TT308 Make it Sparkle:
Sadly my photographic skills do not pick up the bling on the die cut ‘happy’


I think you can probably tell that I got to play with the Bright & Beautiful Spectrum Noir AquaTints on this card.  The orange and the colour that is similar to peacock feathers are gorgeously hot and lush and I adore them and I have to be honest I didn’t plan to use so many colours this just evolved: whatever!  I love it and I think it works.  I also used the yellow from this set along with gold from the Essentials ATs to colour the die cut happy: you should see the sparkle and shine on it – just beautiful!

For some reason I am back on the mixed media fussy as well as MM CAS cards.  I have no idea where or why my moods and ideas come from but it is fun and has stopped me from getting bored.  It was lovely to use the newer colours with an older stamp set and some older designer papers it just made and makes me happy.  I’m going from one extreme to the other – very shabby or CAS.  I’ve learnt to go with the flow rather than fight it.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Dina Wakley stamp set: Scribbly Birds
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter
Winnie & Walter: happy die
Spellbinders: Large Classic Circle & Large Classic Scalloped Circle die sets
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Tim Holtz distressing tool; paintbrushes; palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Sheena Douglass stamping card & snippets of that too
Stampin’ Up DP #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful; Essentials;  Landscape
Archival IP: black
White acrylic paint
Embellishments:
Bird embellishment #
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 4 years old

12 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This is indeed a happy card. I love your painted birdie and the colourful background just works. Hugs Mrs A.

NanaConnie said...

Great birds, Karen! Love the dp you chose. I love seeing you play along in the "Digi or Stamp" challenge at Scrapy Land this fortnight. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie GDT

lostinpaper said...

How wonderful! Love all those bright cheery colours and the way you have coloured the bird and fussy cut it out is perfect!

Terri Winske said...

Such a beautiful mixed media card! Love all the detail and the vibrant colors. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week!

Darlene said...

What a wonderful creation Karen and great coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘RIBBONS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous bird card! I love the papers you used and the bird is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Jane said...

What a great card Karen. He is a super bird stamp. Enjoy playing with all genres and techniques...I love to do anything from CAS to layered...it keeps life interesting and is such fun! Thanks for joining our hot summer days challenge over at Country View x
Jane xx

Berni Cuttino said...

Beautiful design and fab composition.  Thanks for playing in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

rachel said...

a gorgeous card Karen - really lovely!!! Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

Diane said...

What a pretty and fun card....fabulous birdie, too! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT

Cazro said...

Wow, your enjoying playing with the birds, I love this robin, another brilliant card. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member